FIFA Corruption

KingBilly

By this point if Blatter's exit from FIFA HQ doesn't include a team of anxious men in white lab coats and a giant butterfly net I for one will be gravely disappointed. 

Gravely disappointed.

They will need a bigger net to catch them all.  Another crook goes down FIFA suspends Thai soccer president Worawi Makudi.   http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifa-worawi-makudi-suspension-1.3267279

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard the news about 5 Nepali footballers being charged with treason for World Cup game fixing? Just heard it on the radio on the way to work. Among the charged players is Nepali Captain Sagar Thapa. Since 1989, Nepal has tough sanctions against game fixing because according to their law, "causing or attempting to cause disorder with the intention of jeopardizing Nepal's sovereignty, integrity or national unity, shall be liable for life imprisonment". Yep, life imprisonment. You can find further updates here - http://www.dafabetsports.com/en/football-odds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2015 at 10:00 PM, JasonNorin said:

Anyone heard the news about 5 Nepali footballers being charged with treason for World Cup game fixing? Just heard it on the radio on the way to work. Among the charged players is Nepali Captain Sagar Thapa. Since 1989, Nepal has tough sanctions against game fixing because according to their law, "causing or attempting to cause disorder with the intention of jeopardizing Nepal's sovereignty, integrity or national unity, shall be liable for life imprisonment". Yep, life imprisonment. You can find further updates here - http://www.dafabetsports.com/en/football-odds

wow tough on crime haha. that is awesome

I never thought Blatter would leave himself exposed to get caught. I always thought he was just a power broker who tolerated the corruption around him to keep his hold on others and therefore the power. So disappointed in Uncle Sepp. Even moreso in Michel Platini - wolf in sheeps' clothing.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2015 at 8:48 AM, jpg75 said:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/soccer/fifa-officials-raids-arrests-switzerland-1.3348405

Alfredo Hawit of Honduras arrested for Copa America 2016-related bribes. He is interim head of CONCACAF, making him the third in a row (Warner, Webb, Hawit) to be arrested.

LOL.  Sweet.  Missed that.

I'm not going to say I feel sorry for any of these twats, 'cause I don't, but when the cancer has been allowed to spread so rampantly that anyone (whatever their intentions) who's wanting to do business in that diseased body has to become in some fashion a part of the problem you know you've reached a mortal tipping point.

It's either perish or suffer the bitter medicine.

I don't really worry about it one way or another.  FIFA dies, FIFA lives, doesn't matter.  It's either going to be the end of the world as we've know it or something new will replace the Devil we've know. 

Either way it's nearly impossible to imagine things being worse than they were. 

On 12/23/2015 at 8:16 PM, 1zzurri said:

Three in a row wow. I mean, your predecessors get booked and than you immediately go, "Nawwww, I can get away with it too."

Jeffrey Webb saw an opportunity and took it. He was/is a Blatter backer and when Jack Warner turned on Blatter and was handing out money at a CONCACAF meeting on behalf of bin Hammam, Webb took his chance. Ratted out Warner to gain favour with Blatter and was primed to replace the guy he took out. It was less ethics and more politics.

On 21/10/2015 at 10:39 PM, The Ref said:

This dance of the bribes is getting crowded.  Now Franz Beckenbauer and Angel Maria Villa from Spain's Federation are being investigated.  Don't you fear a knock on your door!!!

Villar is a power peddler and so corrupt he does not even speak out on any issue of importance any more, he hides. But he keeps getting voted in, must be 25 years as Spanish Fed president, because he works his spheres of influence well.

Archived