2015 Ottawa Fury FC NASL Season

ironcub14

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What was the reason for getting rid of or losing Ubaripovic, he seemed like one of the real talents on the team?

I would assume he simply got a better offer from Indy. Ubaripovic was good but also very inconsistent, there were games he seemed above NASL level and others where he would completely disappear. He had the same problem in Montreal. When he was on though he was quite good, definitely a skilled player.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, mianjo said:

What do Real Madrid and Liverpool have in common? Our next signing played for both of them!   

Have we signed Michael Owen???????????????

I hate when clubs hype up players they signed who couldn't hack it at either big time Euro clubs, or small time clubs. Just throwing out the words Real Madrid or Liverpool for the sake of doing it. The Bruna signing may turn out to be a good one for the Fury (I have no idea, never watched Accrington Stanley), but don't act like you're signing some fucking big name talent when you're not.

/rant

I'm also reminded of the hype for the signing of "couldn't hack it at Manchester United and recently released from non-league club Grimsby Town" product Ritchie Jones. Now, he's turned out to be a solid, if unspectacular signing for FC Edmonton, but hyping him up as a former Manchester United player is ridiculous.

He has played a grand total of  13 games in the last 2 seasons  5 games last year for Whitehawk FC who are in the  National League South, the sixth tier of English football and 8 games this year for Accrington Stanley who are in Div 2  of the football league. I have checked the lat few games for Accrington and do not see him listed as a player.

Just checked  he played 6 times last season for Accrinton and only 2 times this season, both were as subs his last appearance was last October.

1 hour ago, mianjo said:

He has played a grand total of  13 games in the last 2 seasons  5 games last year for Whitehawk FC who are in the  National League South, the sixth tier of English football and 8 games this year for Accrington Stanley who are in Div 2  of the football league. I have checked the lat few games for Accrington and do not see him listed as a player.

Just checked  he played 6 times last season for Accrinton and only 2 times this season, both were as subs his last appearance was last October.

I saw Whitehawk play last season. They were pretty good. They also had really good run in this years FA cup. They were narrowly beaten by Dagenham and Redbridge in a second round replay. 

There are four players left, who have been with us since day one: Mason Trafford, Mauro Eustaquio, Marcel Debellis, Carl Haworth. In addition Romuald Peiser joined us in the summer of 2014. Returning from last year are: Rafael Alves, Brandon Poltronieri, Julian de Guzman & Paulo Junior.

I'm new to following a division 2 soccer team in North American, but this is a lot of turnover for a fan to handle :-).

Just now, mianjo said:

The 3rd Fury goalie has been deleted from the team roster, we only have Peiser and DeBellis.  Team roster is here 

http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/roster

Actually it's worst than what you listed Fussball  as you listed Trafford twice, we have 9 returning players  and 9 new players so far.

Oops. Yeah I assume the 3rd keeper wallis whatever is going back to the academy. 

2 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

There are four players left, who have been with us since day one: Mason Trafford, Mauro Eustaquio, Marcel Debellis, Carl Haworth. In addition Romuald Peiser joined us in the summer of 2014. Returning from last year are: Rafael Alves, Brandon Poltronieri, Julian de Guzman & Paulo Junior.

I'm new to following a division 2 soccer team in North American, but this is a lot of turnover for a fan to handle :-).

As an #FCEd fan, I feel for you, but its not all that rare, especially with coaching changes. Think there were only a handful left from Sinkgraven after Miller started. Always hard (especially when you see hard working, nice guys like Hamilton leaving), but it is a part of the game at this level. Especially after a good year like Ottawa had last year.

For the record, to the best of my knowledge, FC Edmonton has ONE staff who's been around since the very beginning.

I wish they would be required to name the agents any new player signed to a club has, I do not really see a pedigree on this signing that would give you sense he can step in a mid field as sub or to replace what a Ubi, brought to the club ( despite Grizzly's comments ). 

It will interesting to really watch the new guys and figure out if they are an improvement over what was here, ( Dalglish has promised to the take the club to a higher place this year ), or if we are going to be wallowing in the lower half of the standings or worse after the Spring season.

1 hour ago, mianjo said:

A story in the UK's Daily Mail about Brits playing overseas  mentions 3 Brits playing for Ottawa Fury, should be updated to say 4.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3408154/Jermaine-Pennant-joined-Tampines-United-Singapore-s-far-Brit-playing-far-flung-destinations.html

Footballbackwater? You're not a real newspaper!!!

On Corner kicks last night on TSN 1200, Paul Dalglish made a few comments, training camp will start Feb 15, did'nt say where, they have lined up some exhibition games but dates not yet set, they have signed a Brazilian forward, not yet ready to announce, hope to sign  another forward, his family has not yet moved, still in Austin.

1 hour ago, mianjo said:

On Corner kicks last night on TSN 1200, Paul Dalglish made a few comments, training camp will start Feb 15, did'nt say where, they have lined up some exhibition games but dates not yet set, they have signed a Brazilian forward, not yet ready to announce, hope to sign  another forward, his family has not yet moved, still in Austin.

Yeah, I heard that too about the Brazilian forward. Very excited to find out who it could be.

23 minutes ago, MM2 said:

Yesterday the Ottawa Sun had a two page spread on the Fury, which is great coverage for this time of the year, later in the day the writer Chirs Hofley was laid off in the consolidation of newspaper offices.

Unfortunate news about Hofley ... He did a great job covering Fury. The vast majority of solid reporting came from him. His absence will mean drastically reduced quality in terms of media coverage.

I hope to see him land on his feet with continued Fury reporting.

Archived