Marco Carducci

10 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

He won the CPL Keeper of the year, so fairly good.    He just signed a 3 year contract with Cavalry and was elected president of the CPL union, so don't think he is going anywhere, maybe a CPL lifer.

Seem to recall he's stated his ambition to be a part of the 2026 team, which for a keeper who is currently 26 years old is entirely possible, but realistically in order to be in that conversation he'll have to be playing at a higher level.

Personally, I think he could start in MLS, and I rate him at about the level of the GKs starting for all three of the Canadian MLS clubs, so I wonder if one of them would give him a shot. TFC looks particularly thin at GK and has had success poaching CPL players. I don't see any of the American clubs picking up a CPL player, so if not a Bustos type move to a lower mid-tear Euro first div could be an interesting stepping stone move.

1 hour ago, A_Gagne said:

Seem to recall he's stated his ambition to be a part of the 2026 team, which for a keeper who is currently 26 years old is entirely possible, but realistically in order to be in that conversation he'll have to be playing at a higher level.

Personally, I think he could start in MLS, and I rate him at about the level of the GKs starting for all three of the Canadian MLS clubs, so I wonder if one of them would give him a shot. TFC looks particularly thin at GK and has had success poaching CPL players. I don't see any of the American clubs picking up a CPL player, so if not a Bustos type move to a lower mid-tear Euro first div could be an interesting stepping stone move.

He came through the Whitecaps' academy from a fairly young age, so he should count as domestic throughout MLS, no?