U.S. Ali Krieger, Ashlyn Harris, Yael Averbuch

Mexico Renae Cuellar

Canada Diana Matheson, Robyn Gayle

Western NY

U.S. Carli Lloyd, Abby Wambach

Mexico Veronica Perez

Canada Selenia Iacchelli

Iacchelli over Belanger?

Source:http://www.thedailywiz.com/2014/1/3/5269286/nwsl-2014-allocation-list-revealed

Guest Future CanWNT

Melanie Booth, Bryanna McCarthy, Jodi-Ann Robinson, Rhian Wilkinson, and Emily Zurrer were in given spots last year but have been left out this year. I'm kind of surprised about Wilkinson, but she is 31 so I guess she might not be around for 2015. Booth has retired and Zurrer's moved over to Jitex BK in Sweden.

"Iacchelli earned her physiotherapy degree at the University of Alberta and played in the Alberta Major Soccer League, where she was MVP.

She was going to play in England for a year but broke her arm on the boards in an indoor game. At least before that break she’d made contact with one of Herdman’s assistants at an awards banquet, so the wheels were in motion.

“I was never done,” she said. “I knew that I wanted to be a physio and it was the right time to do it, but I didn’t stop.

“This is my dream to be here and I’ll do whatever I have to to stay. I love the girls. I just felt so comfortable coming into camp.”

Said Herdman: “She was pestering me with emails and phone calls. She made time to come and meet us and talk about her passion."

So lots of emails to the coach and you get an allocation spot ?

She has a total of six minutes playing time with the National team .. in 2013, after not being in national pool since 2006, when she had one goal with our U20 team. http://www.canadasoccer.com/?t=roster&pid=1555

Seems there is no science behind what we are doing ... a 27 year old injury prone ... player out of an Alberta Amatuer league gets a 20k allocation ?

Seriously flawed.

Agreed. As you mentioned on CSN she's played in Norway before.

I received clarification that Rhian is not seeking an NWSL or European club contract this summer but she expects to play for Canada in 2015.

What I find curious is that none of you has commented about Desiree Scott's apparent "double booking" with FCKC & Notts County.

Said Herdman: “She was pestering me with emails and phone calls. She made time to come and meet us and talk about her passion."

Well she was a Sunshine Girl.

Pestering a head coach can certainly get you back on the team. Talk to Carmelina Moscato about that. What you do with your shot is up to you.

Herdman's said in his recent interview with Soccer Central, (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/soccer-central-radio-big-year-for-herdman/), he was not aware of the Scott situation as he was on holidays. He was not thrilled with Scott's decision to play in the UK though. With Lang and other players turning down contracts to play in NWSL and Scott not communicating to Herdman till the last minute, sounds like Herdman has some serious issues to deal with these days.

Herdman's said in his recent interview with Soccer Central, (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/soccer-central-radio-big-year-for-herdman/), he was not aware of the Scott situation as he was on holidays. He was not thrilled with Scott's decision to play in the UK though. With Lang and other players turning down contracts to play in NWSL and Scott not communicating to Herdman till the last minute, sounds like Herdman has some serious issues to deal with these days.

Well said, Herdman needs to get a handle on his players. Isn't he in charge?

She has a total of six minutes playing time with the National team .. in 2013, after not being in national pool since 2006, when she had one goal with our U20 team. http://www.canadasoccer.com/?t=roster&pid=1555

Seems there is no science behind what we are doing ... a 27 year old injury prone ... player out of an Alberta Amatuer league gets a 20k allocation ?

Seriously flawed.

With all the talk on developing young strikers, Herdman had chosen to put a 27 year old Iachelli in recent Canwnt games over a 22 year old Nkem Ezurike(who had an outstanding year at college). This really bothers me to no end.

With all the talk on developing young strikers, Herdman had chosen to invite a 27 year old Iachelli over a 22 year old Nkem Ezurike(who had an outstanding year at college). This really bothers me to no end.

What about some of the other younger players in the prime age group (born 1990-92) for 2015 who have/are having great college careers at major universities down south.

Players such as:

Bryanna Macarthy - West Virgina

Tiffan Cameron - Ohio State

Ranee Premji - UNC

Christabel Oduro - Memphis

These players were amongst the top scorers on their respective elite college teams and played the most minutes which is usually a good indicator of their abilities and value to the team.

It makes no logical sense to continue with the status quo who are either are or will be too old or have not shown that they belong at the wolrd stage. Players such as Tancredi, Sesselmann, Moscato, Kyle, Schmidt, Gayle, etc. just dont cut it and are taking valuable resources away from development of younger players.

It is very dispointing that Herdman continues do more of the same. He appears very lotal to some of the senior players who fluked into an Olympic medal. If you want different results try something different.

Any news if Herdman will be replacing Scott for another nominee for a CSA allocation; or Sesselman for that matter if she signs elsewhere? I have a thought, Herdman should promise the last 2 clubs to draft a Canadians on Friday, he'll add an allocation as a bonus. So, in reality they'd be getting 2 Canadians for the price of one. Hopefully, this might get more Canadians in the league.

• 2 weeks later...
So as of Saturday January 25th:

Is Scott going to England or not?

That's really a question on was Scott signed by Kansas City/NWSL/CSA/whoever is paying her salary as a pro footballer? If she was and was paid, she'll stay in NWSL. If not, she'll be able to leave for Notts County.

The Nike ad was - "write (right) the future." Seeing women do this is fantastic and really inspirational.

This was Vine's comment on Sesselmann being drafted. It's a good read:

"Lauren is an American citizen. Her motivation to seek fair market value is not based on greed, but on need. It is in her best interest to explore options as a free-agent, not as an allocated player due to the heavy taxes levied by both countries and minor losses in the currency exchange. In addition, she does not qualify for Canada's Universal Health Coverage. Due to the new Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) she will be forced to pay as a pro-athlete an estimated $650 per month for basic coverages. ($8,450 annually) More than 50% of her 2013 NET allocated salary from the NWSL that only applied to her. Keep in mind, this was her ANNUAL salary for both Pro & National play. We place no blame nor hold any malice towards any party, as the common perception and my belief is CSA simply gave everything it had just to help start the league and teams are investing all they can into the clubs."

We need more Desiree Scott's, more Lauren Sesselmann's, and more Chuck Vine's.

But more on that soon.

The Nike ad was - "write (right) the future." Seeing women do this is fantastic and really inspirational.

This was Vine's comment on Sesselmann being drafted. It's a good read:

"Lauren is an American citizen. Her motivation to seek fair market value is not based on greed, but on need. It is in her best interest to explore options as a free-agent, not as an allocated player due to the heavy taxes levied by both countries and minor losses in the currency exchange. In addition, she does not qualify for Canada's Universal Health Coverage. Due to the new Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) she will be forced to pay as a pro-athlete an estimated $650 per month for basic coverages. ($8,450 annually) More than 50% of her 2013 NET allocated salary from the NWSL that only applied to her. Keep in mind, this was her ANNUAL salary for both Pro & National play. We place no blame nor hold any malice towards any party, as the common perception and my belief is CSA simply gave everything it had just to help start the league and teams are investing all they can into the clubs."

We need more Desiree Scott's, more Lauren Sesselmann's, and more Chuck Vine's.

But more on that soon.

Totally insane! no wonder those U.S. leagues are doomed to fail. These women sacrifice should be rewarded with free everything.

That's really a question on was Scott signed by Kansas City/NWSL/CSA/whoever is paying her salary as a pro footballer? If she was and was paid, she'll stay in NWSL. If not, she'll be able to leave for Notts County.

Scott is supposed to playing this year for Notts County FC, which is a member of England's top women's professional league, but it appears her old club, FC Kansas City, was expecting her to play for the Blues. As a result, it appears her transfer hasn't yet been approved.

Scott didn't want to get into specifics about her contract situation on Monday.

"It's still ongoing. It's a process," she said. "We're still working out the kinks. Hopefully that will work out and I'll be heading over the pond.

"It's a little bit of a sticky situation."

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/02/04/scott-pumped-to-play-in-investors-group-field

Archived