Sask Voyageurs - Toronto June 12 At Maro

TFCRegina

I'm getting a decent sized Saskatchewan flag and bringing it to the Canada game as part of a "teambuilding" exercise for us as we don't often get together due to the sheer size of our province and our low population density. And when we do, it's often on the road.

After discussions with Tuscan last Friday, we thought it would be best to try to build the culture of our particular branch of this group.

So, I'm thinking we can all get a picture collectively at Maro as the Sask Voyageurs. I know at least 5 (including me) guys making the trip who are from our province.

If you're a Sask Voyageur and want to be included in that, let me know and we can arrange details for the picture taking as the place is gonna be nuts.

Great success pre game! Met new sask vs. great stuff.

Also received a tonne of comments about the sask flag up on the rail in the south end from ppl who normally don't watch our men's team. Texts, Facebook, tweets, etc.

Pretty sweet :)

Saw the twins in several TV shots during the Honduras game and if I'm not mistaken you were off to their right side, correct?

On TV, Lars (TFCRegina) was at the far right, followed by either Justin or Jordan (the twins), followed by myself, and I think Greyson (did I spell that right?) was the next row behind us.

Lars' Doppleganger (poor sod) must have been just slightly farther left of you guys then. I have the game PVRd so I will have to go back and take another look. I wonder if I can pull video off that somehow ... would be fun to post.

Saw the twins in several TV shots during the Honduras game and if I'm not mistaken you were off to their right side, correct?

In the first half I was standing in front of them beside a friend of mine from Mississauga [actually he's a converted guy who supported the US but now us after much shaming :) ]. My friend from 'sauga was wearing the centenniel shirt.

My cousin said I was on TV around the 7th minute.

In the first half I was standing in front of them beside a friend of mine from Mississauga [actually he's a converted guy who supported the US but now us after much shaming :) ]. My friend from 'sauga was wearing the centenniel shirt.

My cousin said I was on TV around the 7th minute.

It was much later in the game when I saw the twins ... will have to go back and creepily scan through the game looking for faces :). Wish I could have been there. Maybe Panama. At least it's on a Friday and I could take a swing day off school.

Finally back reading the threads, this was a phenomenal success for Team Sask! It was great to meet the rest of the Saskatchewan V's, and hear how everyone was impressed that we follow the squad. Cheers boys, and especially to Lars for organizing the whole idea!

It was also great to chat with everyone else, and catch up with some old friends, along with making some new ones. My friend I brought (Travis) already wants to go back, and bring some more Sasky kids, so we'll be back, likely bigger and better than ever!

GoalieGrey (Greyson)

Finally back reading the threads, this was a phenomenal success for Team Sask! It was great to meet the rest of the Saskatchewan V's, and hear how everyone was impressed that we follow the squad. Cheers boys, and especially to Lars for organizing the whole idea!

It was also great to chat with everyone else, and catch up with some old friends, along with making some new ones. My friend I brought (Travis) already wants to go back, and bring some more Sasky kids, so we'll be back, likely bigger and better than ever!

GoalieGrey (Greyson)

Greyson, it was you and your buddy who were waiting for the Maro to start serving beer early in the day, I like your style! All the people who travel to Toronto for games are remarkably dedicated, keep up the good work! I feel bad I only had a 90km drive haha. See you all in the fall!

Dare - haha, yeah, there are plenty of V's I've met that make long trips...and while it would be easier for me if they played in Edmonton, Toronto seems to be working out just fine, so we'll continue to go as often as we can.

P.S. Yeah, we got their at like 4:10, and they said they weren't serving beer for another 20 minutes, and we were kind of upset...it's a bad idea to make Sask folks wait for booze, let alone Sask folks who support the Canadian National Soccer Team

Archived