Pan American Games

Soccer 19

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Costa Rica are champions of Central America.

The USA did not qualify as they placed 3rd in last falls Gold Cup (World Cup qualifiers). Only top two make it from Concacaf qualify. Trinidad qualified having the bext record of the Caribbean teams at the gold cup.

Group B is still up for grabs as at least teams still have their own fate in the own hands and don't need help. Altough Colombia does have an edge with their win.

Am really dispaointed that the live-stream is not available in North America from the main Pan Am website.

What kind of BS is that?? Anyone know any any P2P streams that will show all the games.

Please post them on-line ASAP.

Cheers 19

Its not much, but I found a result for today's game here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2011/10/20/sp-pan-am-thurs.html

In women's soccer, Christina Julien of Williamstown, Ont., scored as Canada defeated Argentina 1-0. With the win, Canada qualified for the semifinals.

Julien took a pass from the left wing by Canadian captain Christine Sinclair of Burnaby, B.C., and chipped the ball past Argentinian goalkeeper Elisabeth Minning.

"We wanted to qualify for the next round," Canada coach John Herdman said. "It is job done, mission accomplished. We can now sit back and see how the other pool plays out."

Canada's final group game is Saturday against Brazil.

Sinclair didn't do anything at the game, most of the play went to Smith on the left side. I wonder why Sinclair was not given any service. The midfield without Matheson didn't have much of proper distribution of the game. Time and time again we looked lacking ideas up front.

Sinclair didn't do anything at the game, most of the play went to Smith on the left side. I wonder why Sinclair was not given any service. The midfield without Matheson didn't have much of proper distribution of the game. Time and time again we looked lacking ideas up front.
Sinclair is dropping in the rankings on the team ... I suspect its clear she does not play well in big games, should not be team captain, and playing off her all the time is the reason you have no.... creativity up front.

Morace never addressed that ... its needs addressing now as we prepare for Olympics in London.

I regard Colombia as second best in South America after Brazil. Their star player Yoreli Rincon will be back for the game against Canada. Rincon was signed up by the University of Indiana. Colombia classified for Germany WC and finished with 1 point compared to 0 of Canada. They tied Korea DPR 0-0, lost to the U.S. 3-0 and lost to Sweden 1-0. They play a similar game to Brazil with great individual skills.

Sinclair is dropping in the rankings on the team ... I suspect its clear she does not play well in big games, should not be team captain, and playing off her all the time is the reason you have no.... creativity up front.

Morace never addressed that ... its needs addressing now as we prepare for Olympics in London.

Until that last line I thought you were givin' the Ref the business. I hope you are joking because if you aren't, that qualifies for the insane post of the year.

Archived