Roger Sportsnet is the new home on TV for Whitecaps

Richard

I hope they don't block out the content by region like the NHL does.

I have to imagine that both MLS and TSN will be pretty eager for that to happen. What's the point of having a national deal and a local deal if the local broadcaster can just broadcast nationally (and Sportsnet Pacific/Sportsnet One are every bit as "national" as TSN-2)?

I have to imagine that both MLS and TSN will be pretty eager for that to happen. What's the point of having a national deal and a local deal if the local broadcaster can just broadcast nationally (and Sportsnet Pacific/Sportsnet One are every bit as "national" as TSN-2)?

I've never been clear on how that works.

One game on Citytv (June 4)? That's odd. Sportsnet ONE is busy with the Jays that night, but why not put it on Sportsnet Pacific?
Probably due to HD equipment availability and MLS requirement that everything be broadcast in HD.

Probably due to HD equipment availability and MLS requirement that everything be broadcast in HD.
How does airing it on Rogers CityTV HD instead of Rogers Sportsnet Pacific HD relate to HD equipment availability or MLS requirements?

One game on Citytv (June 4)? That's odd. Sportsnet ONE is busy with the Jays that night, but why not put it on Sportsnet Pacific?

The conflict is most likely another sporting event.

The French Open maybe? I know Sportsnet is the new rights holder for tennis in Canada. Did they move the women's final to night time now?

The conflict is most likely another sporting event.

The French Open maybe? I know Sportsnet is the new rights holder for tennis in Canada. Did they move the women's final to night time now?

Another sporting event it is. Sportsnet also holds the rights to the UFC and on June 4th they have a non-PPV event, specifically the finale of The Ultimate Fighter 13.

Archived