Canada moved to pot 2 from pot 1 in CONCACAF U-17 draw

xabuep2

I think it's fair to Honduras, who have qualified for the last 2 U17 WC, to be seeded. We haven't qualify for this tournament for 15 years so I didn't get how we could be in Pot 1.

The draw starts in an hour from now. CONCACAF has live video coverage of the event if some are interested.

I think it's fair to Honduras, who have qualified for the last 2 U17 WC, to be seeded. We haven't qualify for this tournament for 15 years so I didn't get how we could be in Pot 1.

The draw starts in an hour from now. CONCACAF has live video coverage of the event if some are interested.

A CONCACAF Draw not behind closed doors? I find that hard to believe!

We got Honduras and Barbados in our group (D). Top 2 teams advance to the 1/4 finals and the winners are going to Mexico.

We should get out of that group (only need a win against Barbados). A second place still gives us a good chance at qualifying since we'll be playing the winner of group C (better than playing the winner of group A and B).

http://www.concacaf.com/page/Under17s/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2245324,00.html

Group A

Costa Rica

El Salvador

Haiti

Group B

United States

Panama

Cuba

Group C

Jamaica

Guatemala

Trinidad & Tobago

Group D

Honduras

Canada

Barbados

We got Honduras and Barbados in our group (D). Top 2 teams advance to the 1/4 finals and the winners are going to Mexico.

We should get out of that group (only need a win against Barbados). A second place still gives us a good chance at qualifying since we'll be playing the winner of group C (better than playing the winner of group A and B).

http://www.concacaf.com/page/Under17s/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2245324,00.html

So it would appear the 24th minute blog got the wrong info.

This is as good a draw as we can expect. If we beat Honduras we probably get Guatemala in the QF's and if we lose to Honduras we get Jamaica. No reason we shouldn't expect to qualify.

not a bad draw for us, surely we can beat Barbados !

well you'd hope so but knowing Canada we'll probably beat Honduras and then lose to Barbados hahaha

But seriously I expect us to qualify for the World Cup with the draw we've been given, anything less will be failure imo. Even if we lose to Honduras we'll probably play Jamaica who we already beat 4-2 in Jamaica.

well you'd hope so but knowing Canada we'll probably beat Honduras and then lose to Barbados hahaha

But seriously I expect us to qualify for the World Cup with the draw we've been given, anything less will be failure imo. Even if we lose to Honduras we'll probably play Jamaica who we already beat 4-2 in Jamaica.

Jamaica also beat us 1-0. I've also read Jamaica is going to Brazil for a 3 weeks training camp, they are taking this tourney really seriously and I would prefer if we could avoid them.

Of course, we can beat anyone in our group and group C but I think Jamaica, as the host, might be a tough opponent.

Jamaica also beat us 1-0. I've also read Jamaica is going to Brazil for a 3 weeks training camp, they are taking this tourney really seriously and I would prefer if we could avoid them.

Of course, we can beat anyone in our group and group C but I think Jamaica, as the host, might be a tough opponent.

Tough yes but I think we have a more talented side beating the US as well and if not for a late penalty that was a 4-1 game in Jamaica, also remember us spanking Jamaica 3-0 when they hosted it in 2007

Schedule is out:

http://www.concacaf.com/page/Under17s/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2249081,00.html

CONCACAF U-17 Championship Schedule

Group A: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Haiti

Group B: United States, Panama, Cuba

Group C: Jamaica, Guatemala, Trinidad & Tobago

Group D: Honduras, Canada, Barbados

All Times U.S. Eastern

FIRST ROUND

Monday, February 14

At Trelawny

Haiti vs. Costa Rica, 12:30 p.m.

Cuba vs. United States, 3 p.m.

Tuesday, February 15

At Montego Bay

Barbados vs. Honduras, noon

Jamaica vs. Trinidad & Tobago, 3 p.m.

Wednesday, February 16

At Trelawny

El Salvador vs. Haiti, 12:30 p.m.

Panama vs. Cuba, 3 p.m.

Thursday, February 17

At Montego Bay

Canada vs. Barbados, 12:30 p.m.

Guatemala vs. Trinidad & Tobago, 3 p.m.

Friday, February 18

At Trelawny

Costa Rica vs. El Salvador, 12:30 p.m.

United States vs. Panama, 3 p.m.

Saturday, February 19

At Montego Bay

Honduras vs. Canada, 12:30 p.m.

Jamaica vs. Guatemala, 3 p.m.

QUARTERFINALS

At Montego Bay

Tuesday, February 22

QF1: Group A winner vs. Group B runner-up, noon

QF2: Group B winner vs. Group A runner-up, 3 p.m.

Wednesday, February 23

QF3: Group D winner vs. Group C runner-up, noon

QF4: Group C winner vs. Group D runner-up, 3 p.m.

SEMIFINALS

At Montego Bay

Friday, February 25

Quarterfinal 1 winner vs. Quarterfinal 3 winner, 4 p.m.

Quarterfinal 2 winner vs. Quarterfinal 4 winner, 7 p.m.

FINALS

At Montego Bay

Sunday, February 27

Third-Place

Semifinal losers, 4 p.m.

CHAMPIONSHIP

Semifinal winners, 7 p.m.

*Order of matches subject to change.

Archived