Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

I honestly believe that the current state of the Alberta Soccer Association is the single most important issue facing soccer in Canada today.

All the arm-chair pundits and talking-heads can prattle on about player development, coaching education, lack of facilities and the need for a viable national vision for our sport, but until soccer can be properly, professionally and ethically governed, we won't be going anywhere. What is happening with the ASA speaks to a wider, country-wide problem.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldnt agree more Fishman.

Does anyone have any info how the CWSA and EDSA AMSL teams have handled their untimatum to make a duplicate payment to Marios ASA by today or be in "bad standing"? The deadline was today i thought.

I honestly believe that the current state of the Alberta Soccer Association is the single most important issue facing soccer in Canada today.

Of course it is, if the Mario Charpentier group win this fight then they'll surely vote against CSA governance reform and the reformers will not get their 2/3's of the vote to pass the by-law changes. More of the status quo for the foreseeable future...

By the way, does anyone have Jason De Vos' email address? He was ecstatic when the governance reform proposal went through, i can't imagine he'll be too happy to learn about the reforms being in jeopardy. If anyone has it, please PM me.

Of course it is, if the Mario Charpentier group win this fight then they'll surely vote against CSA governance reform and the reformers will not get their 2/3's of the vote to pass the by-law changes. More of the status quo for the foreseeable future...

Is it a stretch to think that this whole suspension thing with its timing points to a set up with Traficante and the mario group to bring this so the reforms could not even pass at the planning meeting or was it just a fortuitous situation for all the enemies of reform?

We know that these parties have been dead set agaisnt any governance reform whether it is in Alberta or Canada.

If Mario stays in-and CSA continues to prop him up-and Quebec and another province opposes reform then it is a dead duck for CSA reform.

It was absolutely planned with Mike Traficante's support and approval. Even now Mario and Colin are in daily or near daily contact with him as they scheme new methods for destroying soccer in Alberta.

Sounds like an episode of the Sopranos.

Will reform at CSA-if it passes-and the removal of one MT from the CSA board change anything for Alberta?

I think we will have to change our governance here before anything gets better. People have no idea how bad it is out here. No idea.

By the way, does anyone have Jason De Vos' email address? He was ecstatic when the governance reform proposal went through, i can't imagine he'll be too happy to learn about the reforms being in jeopardy. If anyone has it, please PM me.

I hope Mr. DeVos is aware of what's going on and says his piece soon. With CBC already running two stories basically putting forward Charpentier's agenda, hopefully the "expert analyst" can inform the public what is really happening. I agree that it's a major issue of concern that the reform goes through. If Charpentier's side prevails it will be a major blow not just to soccer in Alberta, as we've seen, but to the governance reform.

The timing couldnt be better for this lawsuit-i am sure all reasonable people would welcome an injunction/ detente and putting a stop to Mario et als shenanigans during the provincials and nationals stretch-messing with Provincials and nationals is the second last card in these guys pockets. The last card is denying agm votes to those districts who wouldnt pay. Of course this means there would be no quorum-but then these guys dont think that deeply-they prefer to go from one fiasco to the next like the cartoon character who steps on all the rakes in the yard.

Tomorrow (July 15) at 4:30 PM marks the arbitrary date set for suspending AMSL teams from districts in bad standing. There has been no communication from du Berger, Charpentier, Kern, Innes or A. Traficante since the EDSA's response to the threats.

I wonder how hollow those threats are? Several matches are set for this weekend, on both the male and female side...did someone ask for a copy of the EDSA letter?

Tomorrow (July 15) at 4:30 PM marks the arbitrary date set for suspending AMSL teams from districts in bad standing. There has been no communication from du Berger, Charpentier, Kern, Innes or A. Traficante since the EDSA's response to the threats.

I wonder how hollow those threats are? Several matches are set for this weekend, on both the male and female side...did someone ask for a copy of the EDSA letter?

Based on the article in the journal the ASA Board of Charpentier et. al may not be authorized to do anything at all by the weekend.

CBC's Marc Connely did a great job. He covered the EIYSA -ASA dispute in 2008 so he knew the background. Mario comes across as a true buffoon. Reminded me of Richard nixon-i am not a crook/bully."ask anyone if i am a bully"-then they cut to Dave Macneely who was suspended for life because he had the temerity to coach in Marios league and the rival Eiysa league. Suspended for life by Mario who was the president of EMSA and on ASA. Les Hodges did very well. He is on the new Board and is a great advocate. If someonme could get the CBC link up and the edsa letter that would be helpful. Yes Mario-you are a bully!

I feel compelled to share this truly inspiring quote:

“A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.”

Douglas McCarther

I feel compelled to share this truly inspiring quote:

“A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.”

Douglas McCarther

I assume you believe that quote reflects Mario and Colin's style of leadership......lol

Didnt Mcarther want to start a nuclear war over Korea and ultimately need to be removed as he was acting without authorization? If that is what leadership is then we need less leaders like that and more leaders who act for the greater good of all the community and not themselves and their few friends. Where does that compassion part come in.

It is this kind of leadership thinking that resulted in Americans carpet bombing villages in Vietnam in order to liberate them from enemy infiltration.

I assume you believe that quote reflects Mario and Colin's style of leadership......lol

Sure oc64, how could I possibly forget to commend the people responsible for systematically distroying soccer in Alberta???

Archived