Peru and Honduras Tickets

Sam

Hey all I know it's a while away but has anyone from the Voyageurs been in contact with the CSA about getting a Voyageurs section for these two matches?

I assume in Montreal it will be 114, but have we decided where we'll stake our claim at BMO?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing will be discussed with the CSA until after the World Cup.

The tentative plan is to throw in with the supporters groups as they have capo stands ect.. 112-114

In addition to that 110 or 111 being a 'family' oriented Voyageurs section so they don't have to get too close to Grizzly.

Ticket arrangements are sometimes kinda ad hoc.

Frequently, a few Voyageurs will gauge interest and then buy a batch of tickets, and when you pay him back you'll get your ticket. I believe this happened in 2008's World Cup qualifier in Toronto, among many others.

Sometimes we get our own section on the ticket distributor's website, so we go there and are automatically seated together. This happened (kinda) the last time Honduras played in Montreal.

Once in a while, something completely different happens. But arrangements will become clear as intrepid Voyageurs organize them.

Ticket arrangements are sometimes kinda ad hoc.

Frequently, a few Voyageurs will gauge interest and then buy a batch of tickets, and when you pay him back you'll get your ticket. I believe this happened in 2008's World Cup qualifier in Toronto, among many others.

Sometimes we get our own section on the ticket distributor's website, so we go there and are automatically seated together. This happened (kinda) the last time Honduras played in Montreal.

Once in a while, something completely different happens. But arrangements will become clear as intrepid Voyageurs organize them.

There will definitely be more solid arrangements, and announced well before the games.

Nothing can happen right now.

Great stuff, and I assume by being on the forum we are then getting that information through e-mail?

The information was available through email previously when we were on the old board, our website creator "SoccerOnly" can fill you in on what options we have now with the new board. I am sure all the details will come out soon.

Well Zeelaw is really working hard then because he has been a Red Patch Boy supporting Toronto FC since the first season I believe. He can confirm. I missed Canada3000, what was his story?

Bingo, but I like the Peruvian suggestions.

I'd be more worried about that BrennanFan dude in that regard. He's a shifty one ;)

As for ticketing, if I had my way, the V's would have a permanent BMO Field home in section 114, right next to U-Sector and RPB.

Well Zeelaw is really working hard then because he has been a Red Patch Boy supporting Toronto FC since the first season I believe. He can confirm. I missed Canada3000, what was his story?

A Jamaican supporter who registered on the V's board and posed as a Canadian prior to the WCQ against Jamaica...we were worried he was trying to steal our ticket code, but i think he was just some kid down in the States or Jamaica who was f^%$ing around...

I can't see any Peruvians wanting to sit with us. If I remember correctly, when we had Costa Rica come in 2007, the attendance was only 12,000 at most, so there is tonnes of space for them to set-up.

Also, I can see us getting at least 40-60 Voyageurs out from the Toronto Area. There are a few V's that are not part of a formal TFC group plus if we get in section 113 we will be surrounded by RPB and Usector and will blend right in with their support.

It is not finalized yet.

We will not have a short window. Our section will be reserved for us for a significant amount of time, the date is not finalized yet. But it does give us time to promote the supporters section(s).

Tentatively, for purchases over 10 there will be only one service charge.

Don't qoute me on this yet, it's not final.

I can't remember, do we have a mailing list for all registered members of the forum? If so I think we really should look at sending at least one grand email letting people know when the tix will be on sale, and to pay attention to the board on such and such a date to make sure to get in on however we decide to distribute the tix.

Oh and by the way, make sure to 'friend' canada3000 on here, he should be an honorary member for life with a ticket set aside for him for every match.

Archived