Peru and Honduras Tickets

Sam

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I booked my flight yesterday. Is anybody else from outside the region coming in for this one? The amount of action on this thread is a tad underwhelming.

Well I live in Japan and will be there for both matches!

Okay I guess it is a little deceiving, as I'm moving to Montreal for September :D

July 7th is the pre sale window.

However, I am not sure that means anything since our sections are reserved and we have until the end of July to buy them.

You will not be able to buy two tickets in the section until August, as all tickets bought before this time must be via the group purchases. The exact dates are not finalized yet.

Any idea what the min. ticket amount will be for group sales?

I don't think it's going to matter. The tickets are too expensive to have people casually buy 20 like we did with Jamaica.

I think I will have people pay via pay pal and purchase the tickets incrementally. Otherwise the process is too insecure and profoundly cumbersome (fax and hand delivery)

Ticket distribution is my concern, so hopefully the SG's can help out in that department.

I just have to figure out a process that makes sense and will not end up a clusterfck.

I don't think the ticket prices are public yet, but we might be the only people in the stadium unless Peru was a typo and they meant Brazil.

I have to chime in on ticket prices, I just can't help myself. The CSA MUST charge a price that will yield a profit. If the matches lose money then we will lose the matches. As was mentioned above, the Peruvian fans will pay the price, whatever it is. Now I haven't seen the ticket prices yet but I am very glad that they have gone up, because IMHO the prices for the WCQs equated to giving the farm away. There seems to be a sentiment that international football matches should be cheap otherwise the fans won't show up. Well, the prices CANNOT be cheap or there won't be any matches. So, the prices have to be set to turn a profit and then Canadian fans need to be brought on board that this is how much international football costs, so please come out and support your country. No matter what the prices are, they are cheaper than watching 1/84th of the NHL Pre-Season (which is ironically called the Regular Season) at Maple Leaf Gardens or the Air Canada Centre or wherever the Leafs play now. As was mentioned on a previous thread on this topic, I do nevertheless hope that concession tickets (e.g. children) are priced to sell, and that there are "family" deals available in certain sections of the ground (but NOT on the half-way line!).

Oh I am very big on improving the economy of the game. It needs it.

There is also the question of how these games come to be.

In a friendly I am assuming we pay for the guest, where in a WCQ we don't? That is a just a guess and a question.

It is more of a concern than a complaint.

the Peruvian fans will pay the price, whatever it is.

The problem is, the canadian fans won't. A friendly, after the world cup "glow" has worn, off is not the time to jack the price of tickets up. This doesn't make sense to me. Everyone on this board knows it's a stuggle to get people interested in soccer and it's harder to do that if you jack the price up. You create a market, create demand and then raise prices. We charge 12.50 for a world cup qualifier and then you suggest three times that for a game that doesn't matter.

Hodgkiss is right, If they sold them at the same price, I would buy 25+ tickets again and invite friends who wouldn't normally come, because 15 bucks is peanuts . If they're dumb enough to charge 40 bucks, I buy 1 ticket and don't even bother asking them.

Profit is not important now, getting people to go nuts about this game is important, and profit will come later.

I have to chime in on ticket prices, I just can't help myself. The CSA MUST charge a price that will yield a profit. If the matches lose money then we will lose the matches. As was mentioned above, the Peruvian fans will pay the price, whatever it is. Now I haven't seen the ticket prices yet but I am very glad that they have gone up, because IMHO the prices for the WCQs equated to giving the farm away. There seems to be a sentiment that international football matches should be cheap otherwise the fans won't show up. Well, the prices CANNOT be cheap or there won't be any matches. So, the prices have to be set to turn a profit and then Canadian fans need to be brought on board that this is how much international football costs, so please come out and support your country. No matter what the prices are, they are cheaper than watching 1/84th of the NHL Pre-Season (which is ironically called the Regular Season) at Maple Leaf Gardens or the Air Canada Centre or wherever the Leafs play now. As was mentioned on a previous thread on this topic, I do nevertheless hope that concession tickets (e.g. children) are priced to sell, and that there are "family" deals available in certain sections of the ground (but NOT on the half-way line!).

Have to agree with Califax on this one. If tickets cost $10-$15 I bring up a car of four people. Tickets cost $30 I go by myself.

The more expensive the price does not mean the bigger the gate total.

We have sooo few games. The opportunity to build is limited.

There is a difference between something being accessible and being undervalued. But that difference comes with a boatload of long term thought, planning and positioning that just isn't there.

My main goal for this sort of thing is a good showing on the field and a good showing the stands. The last thing I want is to have people say, "yeah it was fun, but the fans at the jamaica game were way better". We sell the cheapest tickets for 40 bucks, and that's what will happen for sure.

I would pay $100, although I won't because I'd like to watch the match with the Vs. TFC fans pay around that much to watch TFC so why not to watch Canada? I paid $60 GBP to watch England (twice), as did tens of thousands of other fans. The CSA is charging the going rate for a football match in this country, and I am 100% behind that decision. They need to make money from these matches. I guess this goes to show that the CSA will never be able to please everybody!

I agree with the CSA getting money when they can, and I agree with paying whatever is needed to watch Canada, but that's ME. The rest of the people, the non-soccer fans, the ones we are trying to win over, don't feel that way. Not to mention, I think 60 GBP bucks to watch england is more worthwhile than watching Canada for 60 bucks. (again for others, not me) I like your points, but it's almost as if you are of the opinion that everyone is as die hard about soccer as the V's and paying a TFC premium rate for a friendly after paying less than half that for a WCQ seeems odd.

Also I dont know what the gate is from this, but if we got appropriate funding from the GOVT (hockey money, olympic money), money from friendlies wouldn't matter at all.

I would pay $100, although I won't because I'd like to watch the match with the Vs. TFC fans pay around that much to watch TFC so why not to watch Canada? I paid $60 GBP to watch England (twice), as did tens of thousands of other fans. The CSA is charging the going rate for a football match in this country, and I am 100% behind that decision. They need to make money from these matches. I guess this goes to show that the CSA will never be able to please everybody!

dont get me wrong, ill gadly pay 100$ im just not sure that many people outside the Vs are willing to spend that much! im glad we will get them at 25$ its a fair price.

Incidentally, I don't know if other have brought it up yet, but the Peru match takes place during the CNE. Last time, our match tickets gave us free access to the CNE grounds on the day of the match; I imagine the same will hold true this time around (they can hardly do otherwise - you have to get into the ground). So we have that going for us as well.

Someone want to PM me the password for pre-sale? I'd prefer to get my arrangements made as soon as possible since I'll be coming in from out of town.

Same here, I got the newsletter and I'm having a hard time sorting through all the thread info.

Someone want to PM me the password for pre-sale? I'd prefer to get my arrangements made as soon as possible since I'll be coming in from out of town.

There is no password or presale. It was a mistake.

Our sections are held for us currently until the end of July and must be sent through the order form.

If you don't have an order form yet, email voyageurstickets@gmail.com

Min order 10.

Archived