Rocco Placentino's Goal Celebration with UM

This wasn't shown on any of the sports broadcast highlights so I made a video of it on Youtube. This is how to show your appreciation to the fans for supporting you. I like at the end when the ref gives him a yellow he reacts kind of like, "Guilty as charged and well worth it! " Thanks to MassiveAttack for the match video.

This wasn't shown on any of the sports broadcast highlights so I made a video of it on Youtube. This is how to show your appreciation to the fans for supporting you. I like at the end when the ref gives him a yellow he reacts kind of like, "Guilty as charged and well worth it! " Thanks to MassiveAttack for the match video.

:D He was kind of like, "you're just doing your job."

Rocco's definitely not your typical expressionless, NCAA, milquetoast-type personality in North American football... Great to see!

To be objective I don't see why the ref gave 5 minutes of extra time... but I am very happy he did! And I love Rocco.

There were, what, 7 substitutions in the second half. Not to mention a good minute or two of stoppage with the sending off and penalty. It didn't seem too far out of line.

i am not even sure he scored this goal. the ball goes in the net clearly off Arango from NSC Minnesota. i wonder if he actually flicked the ball off Arango or he just missed it and it went in off the defender? what do you guys think? By the way, don't look at his celebratiom and conclude that he scored from his reaction. any forward in the world would have done the same in this situation touch it or not.

Well done Rocco anyways and well done impact!

i am not even sure he scored this goal. the ball goes in the net clearly off Arango from NSC Minnesota. i wonder if he actually flicked the ball off Arango or he just missed it and it went in off the defender? what do you guys think? By the way, don't look at his celebratiom and conclude that he scored from his reaction. any forward in the world would have done the same in this situation touch it or not.

Well done Rocco anyways and well done impact!

I was thinking the same, but someone on the MTL board says he paused it at the right moment and it's indeed Rocco's goal.

Taking off your shirt and getting a yellow card is Stupid. It does only one thing and that is hurt the team. It serves no purpose at all.

He would've been booked for running to the other side of the field anyways. That's a pretty dull comment. After giving two extra points to the team (or should I say 3 because he scored the two goals), I think he has the right to celebrate the way he wants.

I was thinking the same, but someone on the MTL board says he paused it at the right moment and it's indeed Rocco's goal.

I thought the same as the juve guy in the post above yours and watched the video and paused it as it hit Placentinos' head. I'm about 99% sure the goal is his, the only other thing i can think of is it could have hit the defenders foot after he headed it...

He would've been booked for running to the other side of the field anyways. That's a pretty dull comment. After giving two extra points to the team (or should I say 3 because he scored the two goals), I think he has the right to celebrate the way he wants.

Talk to me when he gets suspended for 5 yellows or whatever the rule is. Team first is my motto.........no exceptions.

^Oh my, sounds like you rule your U-8 girls team with an iron fist!

What a loser statement !

Here is just one example of stupidity.

Championship set for History

Whitecaps and Rhinos to battle for historic title in USL First Division Championship Saturday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USL News Release

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

ROCHESTER, NY – Saturday’s USL First Division Championship live on Fox Soccer Channel at 7:00 pm ET matches up two of the most successful franchises in the history of the league. The Championship Game is the lone separator between the three-time champion Rochester Raging Rhinos and first-time finalist Vancouver Whitecaps

Sebrango’s strike against the team that had traded him in the offseason prompted a celebration that saw him remove his shirt, resulting in his second yellow of the night for a red card and automatic one-game suspension – both mandates of FIFA.

Take a yellow for a good reason.

There's a difference between taking a second yellow in a game (a semi-final at that!), and taking a yellow in early league play when it takes 5 to get suspended. Rocco doesn't play every game. He simply won't play for the one game he gets suspended. Have some fun, that celebration was epic.

Well this might seem like a stupid question, but i'll ask it anyway. Why is a yellow card given, when a player takes off his shirt after scoring a goal?

I would venture to guess, that it has something to do with sportsmanship or wasting time.

Archived