Caps @ Portland

tmcmurph

1-1 at the half and NASL seem to have their buffering problems solved. Very few stalls for me. Excellent first half. Very exciting soccer.

Ryan Pore is scary. For us Haber, Knight & Toure are playing great.

Crap. 2-1 Portland. Despite being down to 10 men Pore scores a great header. Moose almost tied it but goalie made a great diving save. Great game. These 2 teams always seem to play each other in a fast paced way. Great soccer but the result sucks. Allisson, you have bragging rights until next time :(

man, I didn't notice this thread till ten minutes ago, couldn't find the stream until I came back here and realized the nasl site had it and then tuned in to see the last minute of injury time. It looked like a very good stream though, I'm gonna look around and see if they keep any whole games around.

edit: doesn't look like it

The stream was fine for 25% viewers, buffered every now and then for 50% of viewers, and constantly buffered (and even timed out) for 25% of viewers. The buffering seemed to increase during the second half (especially the first 30 minutes or so).

Pore is scary. Kansas City must be kicking themselves for letting him go. A perfect argument for why MLS club need to have reserve sides - a place to nuture developing talent, rather than simply releasing such players.

Pore is on an amazing streak at the moment. He's really at his deadliest when he is free to roam the pitch and switch positions from left to right to middle at will. USL1 leading points scorer from last year, Mandjou Keita, has just returned from a loan in India and will be interesting to see how he works into the lineup with Ryan having the golden touch at the moment.

Here is my match report from Thursday night, with photos of all of the goals:

http://www.soccercityusa.com/timbers/van042910.htm

How has Haber looked since returning from West Brom?

I think he has looked good. His first touch seems to be better. He is winning the one on one battles with defenders. He is very active and is showing up all over the place to collect the ball. He has not been getting himself in scoring positions though.

I think he has looked good. His first touch seems to be better. He is winning the one on one battles with defenders. He is very active and is showing up all over the place to collect the ball. He has not been getting himself in scoring positions though.

I haven't seen any of the games, but is it possible that Teitur is using him in a more 'Heskey-like' role where he is meant to focus on creating space and opportunity for the other striker and advancing midfielders rather than just concentrating on getting into scoring positions himself?

How has Haber looked since returning from West Brom?

He is holding the ball up excellently. Providing lots of time for the mids to catch up to the play without losing the ball. That is the biggest difference I've seen between last year and this.

Archived