Canadians abroad: April 23-29, 2010

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for April 23-29, 2010.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Is there an injury forcing Haidar to get these key league starts, or is the Nimes manager just sick of what his starter's shown?

Nimes manager is sick of Nicolas Puydebois play. He is on the bench for today's game and he was there Monday. That's good for Haidar, winning the job fair and square.

Currently 0-0 at halftime.

Nimes manager is sick of Nicolas Puydebois play. He is on the bench for today's game and he was there Monday. That's good for Haidar, winning the job fair and square.

Currently 0-0 at halftime.

Terrific. So far so good for Al-Shaibani, then. It's one thing to look good in a few appearances and another thing to look good across a full season, but if I were a Nimes fan I'd be pleasantly surprised right now.

Caolan Lavery scored 3 goals the other night for Ipswich Town fc Academy

Terrific! He will have a spot waiting for him at Red Deer Town FC.

Good Morning all! In the English Championship: Peters starts for Ipswich away to Newcastle, Hume starts for Barnsley at home to my Queens Park Rangers and Edgar nowhere to be found as Swansea visits Sheffield Utd.! Jackson starts on the bench in League One for Gillingham away to Norwich!

^ The only good thing for the Gills is Norwich are already crowned League One Champions so there isn't a whole lot to play for, I guess they'll be hoisting the trophy for the fans! Jackson must still be struggling with his hamstring injury, hope he'll be fit for SA!

^ The only good thing for the Gills is Norwich are already crowned League One Champions so there isn't a whole lot to play for, I guess they'll be hoisting the trophy for the fans! Jackson must still be struggling with his hamstring injury, hope he'll be fit for SA!

Lol, when people say SA I think South Africa...not South America.

Hume had a lively game in the 1-0 loss to QPR having several shots at/on goal and taking all 4 corners for Barnsley! Jackson came on after Norwich took a 2-0 lead at home to Gillingham, he got a 7 minute run out at the end, turns out Norwich needed the win to be crowned Champions of League One!

Friend was a late sub (81') in Monchengladbach's 1-1 draw with Bayern.

McKenna's apparently won't be in the line-up for Koln vs Werder Bremen. Is he injured?? Wasn't he their acting captain just the other week?

edit: McKenna replaced Maniche in the 84th min as Koln lost 1-0

Jackson plays on 83 minutes. As you said, he must be still struggling with his injury, probably he shouldn't have played at all today.

Edgar in the pressbox yesterday in the Swans' loss to the Blades and I see that today his official employers got relegated through a 0-4 thumping vs the Reds. A new gaffer will inevitably be on the horizon and we'll see how Edgar fits into his plans for 2010/11.

^ I really feel he hasn't got a fair chance to show what he can do playing his natural CB position! Maybe in hindsight he would have been better staying at Newcastle because now they're changinging divisions with Burnley! He just can't seem to get a break, I thought the loan to Swansea in the Championship would be a great move for him but after having some real good matches he's in the press box! Maybe I'm just over estimating his ability, perhaps he's just not that good, hopefully we see him in a Canada shirt playing CB and we can make our own evaluations!

Archived