National Women's Teams Calendar

Vic

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you go back to the original boycott press release, it was supposed to be about "solidarity with the coach" rather than the ongoing remuneration / CBA issue. As CSA and CM are apparently meeting (?) perhaps this has been rendered moot? As I've said elsewhere, this is poor communications. Given that the boycott was publicly announced, it ought to be publicly rescinded...

On another threat it is posted that the boycott is not happening even though the players are not getting the money they asked. I say that Richard Scott in his newly appointed position at the CSA should keep the media (and us) fully abreast of what has been resolved or not, after all it is Joe Public who support the team with attendance.

That's great news.

For the next week only one thing matters. I remember posting something a while back about October 2nd 2003 in Portland and how that was the day everything changed. Hopefully March 4th 2011 is that kind of a day too. Once we get past that hurdle people can focus on what's necessary and required for the the protagonists, the game, and the association.

It's also good timing for the country and association to be focused in on and supporting our great U17 team this week.

Thanks again jonny. Nobody finds a game like you.

Switzerland are o-kay, but they're not world class (i.e. French are already up 2-0 on them just over halfway into their match). The interesting part is who do we tune up for the Germans in June with. They play Italy on the 3rd and Norway on the 16th, both extremely good opponents. Norway plays a lot like us and the Germans will tuneup very well with them 10 days before they play us. Another Sweden game would be nice, or the Americans.

Adding Switzerland friendlies and Pan Am Games in October.

UNOFFICIAL - Announced and rumoured events

U15 WOMEN

1. TBA

U17 WOMEN

1. TBA

U20 WOMEN

1. Nordic Cup - July 2011 *unofficial
    - Friendly U23 Tournament
    - Host: Sweden

U23 WOMEN

- no funding: only Men's U23 team

SENIOR WOMEN

1. Cyprus Cup - February 28 - March 10, 2011
    - Friendly Tournament
    - cypruswomenscup.com/
    - Game days: March 2, 4, 7 9.
    - Teams (2011): France, England, Netherlands, New Zealand, Switzerland, Italy, North Korea

Local times in Cyprus:
    3/2/2011 @ 14:00 - Canada v. Scotland (Larnaca)
    3/4/2011 @ 14:00 - Canada v. Italy (Nicosia)
    3/7/2011 @ 17:00 - Canada v. England (Nicosia)
    3/9/2011 - Canada v. ??? (Placement)
  2. Friendly - April 2, 2011
    - versus: Sweden @ Rome
  3. Friendlies - May 15 + 18, 2011
    - versus: Switzerland @ Rome, 2:00pm local time
    - versus: Switzerland @ TBD
  4. Women's World Cup - June 26 - July 17, 2011
    - Host: Germany

6/26/2011 - Canada v. Germany @ Berlin, 12:00 EST/ 9:00 PST
    6/30/2011 - Canada v. France @ Bochum, 12:00 EST/ 9:00 PST
    7/05/2011 - Canada v. Nigeria @ Dresden, 14:45 EST, 11:45 PST
  5. Pan Am Games - October 15 - 26, 2011
    - Host: Guadalajara, Mexico

- Opposition: Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago, Colombia, Brazil, Chile, Argentina
    - no age restrictions on the women's tournament
    - Americans sent a youth team to the last Pan Am's
    - 18 squad roster, two goalkeeper minimum with one GK alternate
    - setup is a pair of four team groups, top two in each to quarter-finals

Yep, the CSA will not pay for WNT teams to visit Canada for friendlies.....maybe 1 every x number of years. OTOH the CSA has no problem of taking advantage of the CWNT players being committed to their prep of a WWC or Olympics by having the team or "Have Team Will Travel" live basically overseas. Remember the Beijing Olympics when the team was based in YVR in a residency to prep and to cut down on traveling as the CSA wouldn't have friendlies in Canada.

Thanks again jonny. Nobody finds a game like you.

Switzerland are o-kay, but they're not world class (i.e. French are already up 2-0 on them just over halfway into their match). The interesting part is who do we tune up for the Germans in June with. They play Italy on the 3rd and Norway on the 16th, both extremely good opponents. Norway plays a lot like us and the Germans will tuneup very well with them 10 days before they play us. Another Sweden game would be nice, or the Americans.

May 18 match in Niederhasli (near Zürich in Switzerland)

http://www.football.ch/nm/de/Frauen_A-Team-TP.aspx

• 3 weeks later...
Interesting, and Canada is listed as the home team. Wonder where it will be? Europe, I'd expect...

Maybe not. I remember reading on allwhitekit that the CSA wanted to have friendlies at home before the World Cup. I don't know if that was true, but hey we're the home team, it must mean something, right?

The Dutch have a pair of games on the Dutch/German border a week and a half before and after our game.

Could just be we are paying costs.

So far nothing in June. The Germans are playing three games in June before they meet us.

Thanks for the billionth time Jonny.

UNOFFICIAL - Announced and rumoured events

U15 WOMEN

1. TBA

U17 WOMEN

1. TBA

U20 WOMEN

1. Nordic Cup - July 2011 *unofficial
    - Friendly U23 Tournament
    - Host: Sweden

U23 WOMEN

- no funding: only Men's U23 team

SENIOR WOMEN

1. Friendlies - May 15 + 18, 2011
    - versus: Switzerland @ Rome, 2:00pm local time
    - versus: Switzerland @ Niederhasli, CH
  2. Friendly - May 28, 2011
    - versus: Netherlands @ TBD
  3. Women's World Cup - June 26 - July 17, 2011
    - Host: Germany

6/26/2011 - Canada v. Germany @ Berlin, 12:00 EST/ 9:00 PST
    6/30/2011 - Canada v. France @ Bochum, 12:00 EST/ 9:00 PST
    7/05/2011 - Canada v. Nigeria @ Dresden, 14:45 EST, 11:45 PST
  4. Pan Am Games - October 15 - 26, 2011
    - Host: Guadalajara, Mexico

- Opposition: Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago, Colombia, Brazil, Chile, Argentina
    - no age restrictions on the women's tournament
    - Americans sent a youth team to the last Pan Am's
    - 18 squad roster, two goalkeeper minimum with one GK alternate
    - setup is a pair of four team groups, top two in each to quarter-finals

It would be sad to see the women go to Germany without any friendly for the fans to give the team a send off. Hopefully the Netherlands date will be at home.

Woudl be nice but not sure cause from what I hear the team is set to be back in Rome all of May after a short break last 10 days of April.

Really, really, really sucks they're will be no home games before wwc. Confirmed by Rhian herself on her website "...more unconfirmed friendlies before WWC Unfortunately none in Can" A send off would be so great considering what the team has accomplished over the past year and a half. But ahh well, if/when they win the WC it will be long forgotten. USA confirmed they will be hosting Mexico June 5th for their send off.

• 1 month later...

Thanks jonny. We see and hear so little these days. With the Swiss set completed the Dutch are our only announced match left before the Germans in Berlin five weeks from now.

The Germans beat North Korea 2-0 today, and have three more on tap in the next couple of weeks before playing us (Italy, the Netherlands and Norway).

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks jonny. We see and hear so little these days. With the Swiss set completed the Dutch are our only announced match left before the Germans in Berlin five weeks from now.

Saw a tweet about it and cdn_chica confirmed elsewhere that tomorrow they're playing Hungary; how did this miss our notice (he asks rhetorically)?

Just me not staying on top of things and updating everywhere... I posted the game a week ago in the World Cup Prep thread. The game is in a suburb of Budapest called Telki and Tuesday not tomorrow.

Archived