Canada Soccer Jerseys 50% off Toronto Adidas Store

djcuse

I know this was posted in a thread somewhere, but I thought i'd make

it a topic so more people could see it.. Califax and I went down

to the Adidas store at Yonge & Dundas in Toronto today, and they

had a plethora of Red and White jerseys for 50% off ($50)... Cal and I both picked up a couple... So great deals if your looking for a kit still...

quote:Originally posted by L.T.

fyi - there's a reason for that - jerseys are changing... significantly...

Thanks Gawd. My Canada red is like 1 win 69 losses and I refuse to wear it any more.

Lucky Beaver Hat however, has yet to know defeat! Long live the Beaver!

(And if we're seeing a redo of the kits I quite like the El Salvador kits. Always liked that style and it has endless possibilities).

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

Do we know who will make our next shirts? Please dont say Nike.

Does anyone know about the new kits, when they'll be debuted, who will make them, etc.? Frankly, I'm tired of Adidas.

Two people here have said Nike now and that suits me fine. Ever see an adidas billboard with Radz on it? JDG? The Whore? Anyone? Nutella was doing more for showing off our nats than our main sponsor. I don't see how Nike could do worse than that. I don't see how a Nike kit could be any more bland either since adidas has had us suiting up in one of their throw away training kit designs for years now. There's my kit rant. :P

quote:Originally posted by Regs

Seeing how Nike has basically laid-off/fired everyone in Canada, I can't see Nike supplying the kit.

There is a large manufacturer/brand out there with deep roots in Canada...

I hope you're right! But can they really make professional-quality

football kits? I know they make decent t-shirts and warm-up suits,

but climacool-type jerseys?

Unless you mean any of Umbro, Pony, Puma, Lotto, Russell?

Sorry, didn't mean anything by the roots bit :)

Thanks Regs, got my hopes up. ;)

Let's see now: Adidas, Nike , Puma - top 3 in Canadian sports apparel.

Others: Umbro, Kappa, Lotto, etc.... hmmm, JDG's friend J-Squared? :)

Seeing how Nike has basically laid-off/fired everyone in Canada, I can't see Nike supplying the kit.

There is a large manufacturer/brand out there with deep roots in Canada...

Not everyone. I know someone who's working at Nike in TO. (not retail either) lucky mofo she is.

Anyways, I think Roots would be good. Would mean they'd actually have product available w/o having to jump through hoops!

quote:Originally posted by cfof

Agreed. One thing I noted about the Gold cup is that the carribean sides dont have Addidas. And they have the most interesting and distinctive attire ( eg.: Jamaica, Haiti, Guadeloupe). Whereas Others ( espacially Honduras and El salvador) have predominantly addidas and have that ultra bland white jersey white shorts combo. You have to have shorts of diffenent colour from the Jersey IMO.

there is an incredible amount of blandness to Addidas.

quote:Originally posted by cfof

I propose we start a "Draft Roots" movement! :D

That would be very cool. A Canadian company (albeit owned by two ex-pat Yanks) but hey, that'd be neat! Seriously! I mean that!!!

Next up, Bata to make our boots! [:o)] (I don't mean that!)

I don't have anything against Adidas per se. Our jersey's (like Honduras and El Salvador) suffer because we're at the bottom of the list of the hundreds of contracts Adidas have. They obviously charge more for better, or actual designs. It's quite obvious. Hopefully we get a company that will do more for us. I really can't imagine it being anyone other than Nike.

I like the variety of companies that operate here in Europe. For example, just out of the big three leagues, and aside from Adidas, Nike, and Puma, you have many other smaller ones, like Diadora, Umbro, Kappa, Joma, UHL Sport, Canterbury, Lotto, etc...

The downside to the variety is that these companies don't have the distribution. For example, here in Spain outside of the cities or regions where the smaller teams are from, you don't see any shirts aside from Madrid or Barca and the local team(s). Real Zaragoza, aside from being the 6th or 7th most supported team in Spain aren't represented except for in the big stores that would carry virtually every team. Needless to say, Team Canada won't have a big demand outside of our own country, but with a smaller company we won't see the shirts elsewhere unless it's Nike or Adidas pushing them.

I'd be happy with Roots, at least they'd be promoted in their stores.

• 3 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by earlimus

The downside to the variety is that these companies don't have the distribution. For example, here in Spain outside of the cities or regions where the smaller teams are from, you don't see any shirts aside from Madrid or Barca and the local team(s). Real Zaragoza, aside from being the 6th or 7th most supported team in Spain aren't represented except for in the big stores that would carry virtually every team. Needless to say, Team Canada won't have a big demand outside of our own country, but with a smaller company we won't see the shirts elsewhere unless it's Nike or Adidas pushing them.

I'd be happy with Roots, at least they'd be promoted in their stores.

And it couldn't possibly be worse than the distribution our jerseys have now.

quote:Originally posted by earlimus

I don't have anything against Adidas per se. Our jersey's (like Honduras and El Salvador) suffer because we're at the bottom of the list of the hundreds of contracts Adidas have. They obviously charge more for better, or actual designs. It's quite obvious. Hopefully we get a company that will do more for us. I really can't imagine it being anyone other than Nike.

I'd say the 2009 El Salvador jersey displayed at the Gold Cup was a lot sharper than the Canadian one.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_g-Ylxb54NUc/SluAaKwAuGI/AAAAAAAAHxg/yLkiGKbwOU4/s400/El+Salvador_Nat+2009-10+Away.png

I guess you do get what you pay for. The CSA needs to spend money to make money on merchandise. Time to get a real designer to work on our jersey.

Archived