Marc Dos Santos not to field top squad vs tfc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Jeffery .. the question is will MLSE accountants allow a cash payment ... to gain CCL games.. mmm let me thing 20K attendance at 50 a head full income.. a cool million per game revenue.

Laughs MO is going to have a large withdrawal on his AMEX platinum card from the ATMs.

Seriously if any game is going to be fixed this year that Montreal is involved in this is it.

The issue for the CSA is to make damn sure they talk to MLSE and nip the potential in the bud.. a call to the Teachers Pension Fund might well be in order before the game.

Am I suggesting MO knows about bungs and fixing .. nope.

Am I suggesting members of the Impact would accept 25k to lose as badly as they did in Santos Laguna .. nope.

As the game grows .. there will be oppourtunitys for skullduggery its up to the CSA to ensure they are on top of it before it happens.

I think Declan Hill http://www.howtofixasoccergame.com/blog/ author of The Fix lives in Kanata near Peter Montopoli.. so it should not be hard to get an expert opinion.

Just bumping this one.. given it seems to have happened, the result and effort by the Impact is a shame, the performance tonight has hurt the Impact as a club for a very very long time, it was a shame, and the club should be ashamed.

At least the Ultras expressed there upset and anger at the club and the coach ... the game on saturday will be interesting especially as the Vancouver players were pretty upset at the Impact as they left the field, the Whitecaps coach apparently had to restrain his players.. that might not be possible on Saturday.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

Really? they showed them on TV at the end, they just looked gutted and very wet. None of them looked up for any trouble

they might not have been ready to throw punches last night but they are PISSED. I chatted with a couple of them last night and they believe Montreal threw the game.

quote:Originally posted by VPjrthey might not have been ready to throw punches last night but they are PISSED. I chatted with a couple of them last night and they believe Montreal threw the game.

Such a typical response of the fans of the losing team. The game was thrown, the refs were bribed, it's a conspiracy theory, it was all a scripted act, it's somehow the fault of Jack Warner.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Such a typical response of the fans of the losing team. The game was thrown, the refs were bribed, it's a conspiracy theory, it was all a scripted act, it's somehow the fault of Jack Warner.

Except VPjr is talking about the Whitecaps players, not fans.

And everything is the fault of Jack Warner. It's a scientifically proven fact. ;)

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

they might not have been ready to throw punches last night but they are PISSED. I chatted with a couple of them last night and they believe Montreal threw the game.

Well, I can understand them being pissed and I'm sure a lot of supporter's will agree with that view point but it certainly is a bit extreme. While Montreal did play an inferior line-up, why would they want to embarass themselves? Why would they want to disappoint their support? Why would they want to finish on zero points?

Certainly the decision of Dos Santos had an impact on the performance of his club but Sebrango was not sat, he was attending to family in Cuba.

Serge? Well he didn't play great but more should probably have been expected from him espcially against TFC, his former club.

Ah well, I'm sure it is mainly the immediate emotion of the moment talking.

Personally, I was scared to death up until the sixth goal fully emotionally preparing myself for a late Montreal marker that would have given Vancouver the cup. It's not like they gave up attacking afterall. They may not have been consistent but Frei had to make a couple of big saves.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Except VPjr is talking about the Whitecaps players, not fans.

And everything is the fault of Jack Warner. It's a scientifically proven fact. ;)

sorry if I wasn't clear...yes, I was talking about Whitecaps players, not their fans.

Jack Warner is responsible for global warming....pass it on.[:P]

Archived