Away Trip Impact at Toronto (Deadline April 17)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Philippe

Me and my girlfriend might join... is it limited to UM02 members? Is there a maximum of places (since it's a bus)?

You don't have to be a member of the UM02 to come. If your a fan of the Impact and you want to make the trip to Toronto you should come.

quote:Originally posted by Philippe

Me and my girlfriend might join... is it limited to UM02 members? Is there a maximum of places (since it's a bus)?

No it is not limited to UM members, anyone supporting the Impact is welcome. Last year about half of the participants were UM and half were regular Impact fans. There is a maximum of 56 places and a minimum of 40 places per bus. We will have one bus for sure and a second if demand warrants this. You need to reserve each ticket with a $25 non-refundable deposit by April 22 because that is the date that we have to buy the tickets from TFC (which cost $25). The sooner you can reserve tickets the better because it helps us know how many will be going and plan accordingly. Hope to see you there.

El Grande Grizzly...

I am little concerned about going to Toronto .. according to the comments on the STAR site.. there will be rowdy FIRMS meeting us and marching from bars etc. It seems as if these FIRMS can be quite intimidating to normal fans of soccer.

Will there be any extra security, I mean I felt totally safe in Torreon with the Santos Laguna fans... but Toronto its kinda the center of the universe, will the CSA be in charge of security since its there game ?

Heck I was even really comfortable in Honduras for the Real Esteli game, do we know where in the South end we are being seated ?

Last year we were in the upper section 104, i believe thats the designated travelling supporter section. We did see/hear the rowdy supporters but personally i just laughed at it more than anything. RPB think they're british hooligans or something but if ure concerned there was security around us all of last year and the only time "trouble" started was after the game when the TFC fans started throwing glowsticks and granola bars into our section from behind as they were leaving the game. I even went to the bathroom alone a few times during the game and was never bothered and i was wearing Impact stuff. After the game we were supposedly waited upon outside the gates by some disgruntled TFC fans btu mother nature quickly took care of them with a mighty load of rain while we got to chill in a VIP room. BLOW ME TFC haha

LETS GO IMPACT

quote:Originally posted by MTLcanada514

Last year we were in the upper section 104, i believe thats the designated travelling supporter section. We did see/hear the rowdy supporters but personally i just laughed at it more than anything. RPB think they're british hooligans or something but if ure concerned there was security around us all of last year and the only time "trouble" started was after the game when the TFC fans started throwing glowsticks and granola bars into our section from behind as they were leaving the game. I even went to the bathroom alone a few times during the game and was never bothered and i was wearing Impact stuff. After the game we were supposedly waited upon outside the gates by some disgruntled TFC fans btu mother nature quickly took care of them with a mighty load of rain while we got to chill in a VIP room. BLOW ME TFC haha

LETS GO IMPACT

It's bad enough when ignorant media brings up the H-word, but when another soccer fan does...come on. We'll rip the piss out of UM02, but we're not going to suggest you're actually trying to be hooligans. And as for you laughing at the TFC SGs...um, isn't UM02 modelled on Ultras culture. Just like the Toronto SGs? Wouldn't that mean that you're "kind of laughing" at a mirror of yourself?

ANYWAY...

BTW Grizzly...does advertising this trip here actually reach people that wouldn't read the Montreal ultras forum? Because if it doesn't it just seems to me like you are trying to wind TFC fans up again.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

It's bad enough when ignorant media brings up the H-word, but when another soccer fan does...come on. We'll rip the piss out of UM02, but we're not going to suggest you're actually trying to be hooligans. And as for you laughing at the TFC SGs...um, isn't UM02 modelled on Ultras culture. Just like the Toronto SGs? Wouldn't that mean that you're "kind of laughing" at a mirror of yourself?

There were a few small incidents at the game last year but nothing very serious partly because the security and police were quite good. I was informed by several TFC fans who are friends of mine (yes I do have friends who are TFC fans) that there was a group waiting for us after the game but they left after it started raining (I doubt these were RPB members though because they seem to be the mildest of the TFC SGs). We were kept in the stadium for a long time after the game so that diffused any potential problems and I imagine it will be the same this year. I think all of the supporters groups including our own have the problem that although we are not hooligan groups there are people who can attach themselves to the group with other aims and also things that can happen in the heat of the moment with drunken supporters who are not hooligans. That is why it is necessary to have competent security at the games to stop problems before they get serious.

ANYWAY...

BTW Grizzly...does advertising this trip here actually reach people that wouldn't read the Montreal ultras forum? Because if it doesn't it just seems to me like you are trying to wind TFC fans up again.

If you read the thread like a good journalist you would have an answer to your question.

ANYWAY...

You can laugh at other groups, without laughing at Ultras. It doesn't matter anyways, since you guys aren't ultras.

And yes this reaches people, the trip to Torreon was posted on other sites, and I believe one of the people who went down were on this one.

(biggoalies)?

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

Hey Grizz just wondering if you know when you guys would probably be passing by Kingston?

In the morning. Sent you a mail. If anyone else from Kingston is interested in coming we usually stop there for breakfast.

Yes, I'm from Montreal but I don't usually go to the UM02 forum because I'm not to good in french and reading with a translator is annoying.

Archived