Santos Laguna-Montreal Match 2 (R)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lads will be okay. Looks like they've each got their own security guard in the corner there.

If Roberto Brown's goal isn't taken away as an Own Goal before the end of the match he can count himself lucky. I've been watching pro-football since the very early '80s and that back pass ranks as one of the worse ever. In the top 1% for sure. Hooooly crap.

Sanchez comes up with a hamstring.

Cool goal by Eddie.

LeRoux out (that left side is getting killed out there).

Geezus. The stars are aligning.

This is just something else...

This has been a much better game than last week's in my opinion. Montreal are more fit, and I think Santos are taking it more seriously now they're down, which I think makes for a better match. Although Santos' defence is a bit on the brutal side, as both Montreal goals showed.

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!

Damn we're going to miss him playing for the Caps.

All the way to the Club World Cup for Montreal. They just keep setting the bar higher and higher every time out. Whoever wins the Voyageurs Cup in the future will have a huge legacy to outdo!

Should mention MOTM so far, THE REF.

Not trying to jinx anyone but this man is quite the find. Solid character, that. Knows his business.

Nice venue. Great pitch. Wonderful crowd even if they are probably grinding their teeth by this point.

quote:Originally posted by I_AM_CANADIAN

LOL...

"He's not the finest athletic specimen of a goalkeeper I've ever seen to be honest, Nigel..."

De Vos rules.

Damn, Santos score. Damn. Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

3 more would be shocking

Archived