Santos Laguna-Montreal Match 2 (R)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Keano

Changing the tactic to an 11 man defense was a huge mistake. Our balanced tactic had them on equal footing for 135 minutes. Coaching mistake.

Montreal did give them too much of the ball, I'll give you that, but the all-out defence worked pretty well against Toronto.

The one and only reason Montreal lost tonight was Quintero.

quote:Originally posted by Keano

Changing the tactic to an 11 man defense was a huge mistake. Our balanced tactic had them on equal footing for 135 minutes. Coaching mistake.

completely agree, playing too defensively kept the ball at our end for the last 20 minutes

I'm just gonna go to bed shaking my head.

I haven't seen anything like that in a hell of a lot of years.

I saw Manchester City come back down 3-0 at halftime to Spurs and down to ten men in a FA Cup match.

I remember the Whitecaps many years ago blowing a 4-0 aggregate going back to Minnesota.

But I can't remember anything like what we just saw tonight.

Wow.

Wow what a second half? The Impact had little impact. De Vos at 3-2 was giving check marks for Montreal's "disciplined defending" They gave up three goals at that point, ended up giving 5 on the night. Talk about foot-in-mouth. Props to Montreal for giving a good run, and doing the USL proud. They could have and should have done so much more. Montreal is getting into a bad habit of losing these second leg games. Like against Vancouver in the USL semi-final. Unlike most USL clubs they are ready to go now, and have to wait a month before they take advantage of their pre-season form. Hopefully that doesn't work against them.

Good luck to Puerto Rico.

quote:Originally posted by Leon_Araiza

Sorry guys, from the heart. This is Santos-Laguna style, this is their signature. You gotta learn cuz the talent and balls you already have them big. Welcome to the major leagues. What a game, I LUV FOOTBALL. DAZ WHAT I LUV.

I wonder why you come here to post. Please go party elsewhere. It's pathetic. I must say too that every Mexico match I saw lately, the players tend to hit the oponent, something that happened today against Grande.

Guys Guys C'mon Congrats to MTL they did reach 1/4finals in the first year of the CCL and V-Cup. Mistakes sure but I think it was the players psyche that colapsed. Santos played like Germany does from First to Last whistle knowing they can still win or lose. I am an Mtl supporter but we need to mature that's all

14 corners to nil!!!!

Oh-my-gawd....

Boy, what a match. Seriously, how does anyone expect me to get to sleep tonight? That was insane.

Inverness beats Rangers at Ibrox and Santos Languna score two added time goals to knock out Montreal! Fu'k me....

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

Let's be honest: Montreal were ****e tonight. The whole team was behind the ball for the second half and they still couldn't shut the door. What a poor, poor showing.

To be fair Santos were passing like a machine all night. They just managed to click in the second half way too many times. That is what we need to aspire to. When our teams can pass like that and have that touch on the ball we will be on par.

There is no defense to great passing except to keep the ball away from them. It looked like Montreal just ran out of gas in the second half.

Congrats to the Impact on a great run and to Santos for a great comeback.

quote:Originally posted by canucklefan

I wonder why you come here to post. Please go party elsewhere. It's pathetic. I must say too that every Mexico match I saw lately, the players tend to hit the oponent, something that happened today against Grande.

Actually, the dude's been quite respectful in his posts.

Something I think some people on here need to learn is how to lose. You'd think that with all the losing our national team does, we'd have learned by now how to lose with some grace.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouversoccerman

I'm just gonna go to bed shaking my head.

I haven't seen anything like that in a hell of a lot of years.

I saw Manchester City come back down 3-0 at halftime to Spurs and down to ten men in a FA Cup match.

I remember the Whitecaps many years ago blowing a 4-0 aggregate going back to Minnesota.

But I can't remember anything like what we just saw tonight.

Wow.

What the heck just happened!

10 corners in 15 minutes.. there were 20 players in Montreal's box 70% of the second half. Stupid goals to give up. Dumb errors, rebounds, not covering their man. They had the ball in their half up 2 with 2 mins left and they dont win!!!! they did not play this game right. This was one of the wierdest football matches I have ever seen in my life.

Montreal played horrible.

quote:Originally posted by jobu

No it wasn't. It was was disgraceful soccer. I seen better defense in rec leagues.

True, my U-10 team could have made some better decisions. Defense was supposed to be the Impact's strength. Anyhow, kudos to them on getting this far. The better team did win tonight.

Archived