Ultras Montreal in Mexico

There should be some police presence, when a couple of islanders fan went to panama there where at least 60 officer to separate our half a dozen or so fans from the rest. Torreon is a much scarier place than where ever Tauro FC plays. Be safe.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Ed

You take care of yourself down there Grizzly. Thanks for the reports.

Enjoying the reports from Mexico , be safe down there . Near the end of the Marathon - Islanders game last night , there was some scrappiness as fans started throwing **** near the Islanders bench and two assistant coaches from each side were tossed out and seen trading kicks in the exit walkways .

quote:Originally posted by Intru

There should be some police presence, when a couple of islanders fan went to panama there where at least 60 officer to separate our half a dozen or so fans from the rest. Torreon is a much scarier place than where ever Tauro FC plays. Be safe.

What my Brother Intru said.

We wish you a safe and victorious trip.

Take care. Swallow pride when necessary. You know--"discretion is the better part of valour" and "he who walks away lives to fight another day" and all of that...

Good luck to your side!

quote:Originally posted by yankiboy

What my Brother Intru said.

We wish you a safe and victorious trip.

Take care. Swallow pride when necessary. You know--"discretion is the better part of valour" and "he who walks away lives to fight another day" and all of that...

Good luck to your side!

Tickets have been obtained the club staff very friendly showing us the gate to use etc. things will go well, remember folks we have the Grande Grizzly with us.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Why can't we be playing Santos Zacatecas?

Don't worry Grizzly, no apologies needed about Torreón not being an attractive city for a québécois like you, remember we are not Canada, and Montral ain't California, not even neighbour Texas so we both feel the same :) and this of all us having different points of views is what makes life interesting don't you think. I also think of Montreal being similar to Torreón, an industrial city that have seen for decades it rival, Toronto(Monterrey in Torreón's case) getting bigger, stronger and wealthier. Funny, they all four starts with the same letters, TOR and MONT. We call Torreón a bussines- touristic city here. It's so easy for the canadian community living in Torreón to find out in what hotel or just where a canadian would stay or go not only in the Comarca but in México so I'm impressed you haven't really thought that and that also strangers are always somehow watched by some unknown people. Americans know that better. Grizzly, your perception of the poor is also funny, cuz people in Torreón gets way more money than those in Zacatecas, this is the GDP per cápita where Torreón tops the México's top 10 being a city that is not a state capital, a border or with a port to the ocean and with only 100 years of life so as you can tell that make us so proud. :) Zacatecas centre yeah, so beautiful, and was once one of the most important cities in the continent because of their silver mines before most of their population went out looking for the past century's new born industries in Torreón as it is Peñoles that makes us to be the world's refine silver capital and that made Zacatecas inhabitants already familiar with silver and mines to come in and work with the iron and steel so yeah, it is very industrial and if the "poor word" has to be mentioned well, remember, we're not Canada and even "the poor" is there seen, at least in Montréal mon ami BUT that of "most of the city looks like a pretty bad slum" wow, Grizzly, where you've been rinding hommie? Dot get "ghettour" yet without me, hold on but in the mean time don't go cheap and...

moremexicophotos049larg.jpg

Use your VISA Mastercard, plently accepted world wide ;)

Then drive through our nice boulevards and...

diagonalr1.jpg

get some nice food. La Laguna has the best steaks of the country and once at the stadium ask for "Tortas de carne adobada" pls.

in4cr4.jpg

in10tf8.jpg

in11ni6.jpg

in12bv1.jpg

Then, you can go and play Golf in one of the four PGA Golf Courses in the Comarca Lagunera

campmon25myblarge.jpg

campmon39aklarge.jpg

Torreón is starting to be known as the "New Phoenix"

dsc05251largezu5.jpg

dsc05516largepq8.jpg

dsc05569largeyr8.jpg

hpim1100firmadank3blarg.jpg

hpim1102firmadawm4.jpg

hpim1104firmadaiv3.jpg

hpim1109firmadatj7.jpg

hpim1107firmadakt2.jpg

PS. Enjoy one of the last games of current Estadio Corona before the 100 million dollars new Estadio Corona(disigned by the texan firm HKS, the same that made

the new Liverpool and Dallas Cowboys stadiums a reality) is ready.

estadia2.jpg

palcoscorona.jpg

newcoronastadium.jpg

Buena suerte amigo Grizzly. Not bad feelings ;) Pictures can't lie.

Grizz while I am typing this the game is over when you read this and redundant what I say,however,this one is for Canada.I am so glad to see a team from Montreal represents soccer at the highest levels and that in Mexico looks at you guys as Canadians.I can't think of a bigger potential day in the future of Canadian soccer and I feel just as nervous as when Holland met the Germans in the 1974 wc final.

Grizz thanks so much for what you have done and that from a classicalo guitar player.Just imagine if you would have been a bassist.

OK Impact 2-1

If I was an owner,manager,coach,or player of a professional sports team and I saw my teams fans travel long distances to hostile places I'd be inclined to find ways to ensure their safe return to their hotels and ultimately back home.

Well done to all of you who made this trip. You are all true Voyageurs.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Hi Leon, Thanks for the reports and pictures, they are much appreciated. Is it just me, or is Volkswagen King in Mexico? I know they have been building them in Mexico since 98/99.

Hey Mr. Impact, it's been my pleasure to start this communication with all you guys and I have tryed to read and learn so much from all the users and I have no doubt Canada will soon be in a Worl Cup and then that day you know what? I'll be supporting you cuz you are a great country and deserve your own strong league and also to fight arm to arm with the united staters so I will always look forward Montréal while you stay in this league and hopefully soon into MLS. Allez Montreal, the tonight's game is taking your name world wide and this is how a club grows and get stronger.

PS, the "Bocho" as we nicely call that car is not longer in production, they closed the line in Puebla, Mx some years ago and before, Puebla plant was the only one building them and that was for decades but now they're gone :( but currently Puebla's have the Bettle.

Back from the game and although the result was heartbreaking it was a great experience nontheless. People, especially girls, were asking to get their pictures taken with us before and after the game. Everyone was amazed we travelled so far to see our team play. The Santos fans were really cool with us and applauded us after the game. Hundreds came over to shake our hand after the game. It was a bit like being rock stars. The atmosphere at the stadium was amazing. As I mentioned before Santos management was also very helpful with us. Santos was by far the best team we have played against in this Champions League run. As disapointing as it was to lose the tie like this in the last minute, at least we lost to a good team with excellent fans.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Back from the game and although the result was heartbreaking it was a great experience nontheless. People, especially girls, were asking to get their pictures taken with us before and after the game. Everyone was amazed we travelled so far to see our team play. The Santos fans were really cool with us and applauded us after the game. Hundreds came over to shake our hand after the game. It was a bit like being rock stars. The atmosphere at the stadium was amazing. As I mentioned before Santos management was also very helpful with us. Santos was by far the best team we have played against in this Champions League run. As disapointing as it was to lose the tie like this in the last minute, at least we lost to a good team with excellent fans.

Happy to hear everything went well after the game and that the fans were cool with you guys!! Have fun at the games this week-end and have a safe trip back home! [8D]

Archived