It's offical we are done

finchster

I personally found Forrest way to negative. I thought after the Costly goal that maybe there is some kinda pack where if we lost this game he was going to get the head coaching job. The unfortunate part is I think Forrest wants them to win as badly as we do but sometimes that passion doesn't work well in the broadcast booth.

^^ I agree. Mark this down on your calendar, this is the absolute bottom. Other than not making the third round of qualifying it can't get any worse than this. Now is probably a good time to mention that we are officially the first team eliminated from the third round in CONCACAF, even Suriname is still alive.

Now that we are done, can someone tell CRAIG OR GERRY TO STOP PLAYING SOLITAIRE! Damn that was annoying hearing that non-stop throughout the broadcast!

As for the game, Mitchell should be fired, and half the team as well. The only guys that had passion out there were Hume, Radz, Friend, & McKenna. The guys that really annoyed me for the slack jaw performance were Stalteri, Atiba H, Gerba and even Henneault though he scored a goal his defence was lacking.

Anyways, counting down the days to Wednesday where I wear a mask to the game!

quote:Originally posted by Moldobut

The only guys that had passion out there were Hume, Radz, Friend, & McKenna. The guys that really annoyed me for the slack jaw performance were Stalteri, Atiba H, Gerba and even Henneault though he scored a goal his defence was lacking.

You need Talent to win in soccer! soccer is sport of skill. The turn around will start to occur when we recognize and identify talent instead of the stupid subjective things like heart and passion are what determine victory and defeat. when you have talent, then you can worry about passion and heart and whatever.

Honduras won because they were able to move the ball quickly, effectively and with purpose. They had players who can make big plays and decisive plays and we didn't. All we did was hoof it around and occasionally hitting it in to space in the hope of getting a break. which is what happened on the goal we scored. Other than that, our passes and crosses were inaccurate, slow and off target and our players were too slow and ineffective unless the ball was in the air. Problem is, in soccer, the ball is on the ground most of the time. but when the ball was on the ground, we spent too much time passing backwards.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

You need Talent to win in soccer! soccer is sport of skill. The turn around will start to occur when we recognize and identify talent instead of the stupid subjective things like heart and passion are what determine victory and defeat. when you have talent, then you can worry about passion and heart and whatever.

Honduras won because they were able to move the ball quickly, effectively and with purpose. They had players who can make big plays and decisive plays and we didn't. All we did was hoof it around and occasionally hitting it in to space in the hope of getting a break. which is what happened on the goal we scored. Other than that, our passes and crosses were inaccurate, slow and off target and our players were too slow and ineffective unless the ball was in the air. Problem is, in soccer, the ball is on the ground most of the time. but when the ball was on the ground, we spent too much time passing backwards.

Agreed, we are to used to hockey in this country. Soccer is different you cannot build a program without skill and talent. Although I don't blame the players for their tactics today with the squad we had it was the only option really. Really Without Issey, Dero and Deguz we are missing maybe 3 of 5 of our most talented offensive players.

And it goes for the whole grass roots of soccer in this country, I have a good friend who coaches soccer at the college level and every time I hear him gripe he always complains just about the players not showing enough heart or wanting to play. I have seen some games and technically they are lacking and they don't make simple passes into space and are too direct. Instead of working on the things that can make the biggest difference it's much easier to just say they did'nt have enough effort or desire to win.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

well we apparently had the most talented team in Canada's history and look where that got us! If you don't have pride and heart then your useless. You can see many teams with heart and soul beat a way more talented team. Look at Canada's Gold Cup 2000.

And what about our opponents? what were they? chopped liver. they were more talented thanus; quicker and more agile. Did you see the ball movement on that first goal? Did you see that goal from Carlo Costly from twenty to thirty yards out? Did you see that nutmeg on Stalteri that led to the third goal?

Did you see any of our players make plays like that? surely, you are not going to tell me that those goals were a result of heart and passion.

well we apparently had the most talented team in Canada's history and look where that got us! If you don't have pride and heart then your useless. You can see many teams with heart and soul beat a way more talented team. Look at Canada's Gold Cup 2000.

Thats just it though. We have had one real break through since 86 and that was the gold cup of 2000. There is no consistancy without skill, sure heart will get you so far but skill is what puts you in positions to win consistantly. Obviously players have to want to win but skill is what seperates the champs from the chumps Ramon Nunez's 2 goals in Canada were really well taken as was Costly's, and the 3rd goal the Honduran beat our player badly and picked out his teammate This is not just because they wanted it more, they had critical passing and movement which even though we hate them you must tip your hat for good soccer.

well we were lacking two of our more talented players in De Ro and De Guzman. But what also is a factor is how our game is played, and with DM's style we sucked and so did the U 20 team at the WC here in Canada. Under Hart this same team kicked ass, finished top in the group and made it to the semi's where we should've even went further.

For example everyone knows Hume is the spark plug aka Red Bull Rockstar energy drink, why does DM only put him in with 30 mins and not the entire game? That guy wants to win!

Archived