Kansas City v. Toronto [R]

Loud Mouth Soup

Kansas City 2-0 Toronto FC

Is it just me, or have they all pretty much given up? And if I watched any more long balls tonight, I'd be going to bed with whiplash.

Season is over in 5 games. Like the Men's National side, there's no point in deluding ourselves.

There's a lot more I want to say, but I need to get those thoughts in order before posting a bunch of babble.

2008. Book it. Done.

what sickens me is that these guys tell the media "we're still in the playoff hunt". I wouldn't expect them to say "we're out of it" (even if that's what I've believed for a month) but just be a little more honest. say something like "it's going to be tough but we're going to give it everything we've got" and then go out and give everything they've got. Instead, they go out and look totally listless. I've said it a thousand times but I watch more entertaining football at local CSL matches than when I watch TFC.

I really don't see it getting better next year...I don't know how it is possible to have any faith in this management team to turn it around.

3 shots for TFC vs 14 for KC ....

Sigh. I'd hoped they would make the playoffs this year or at least threaten to.

2007 = 6 wins, 7 draws and 25 out of 90 points

so far in their second year (5 games to go)

2008 = 7 wins, 6 draws and 27 out of 72 points

What's left?

Home to Houston Dynamo

Away to New York Red Bulls

Away to FC Dallas

Home to Chicago Fire

Away to San Jose Earthquakes

At least they don't have any CONCACAF games to "distract them".

:(

It is an improvement over last year but for a year 2 team you would like to see something like progress. They start fast and fade 2 years in a row is not good.

Third year is crunch time. Make the playoffs or the manager and/or coach get fired. Wish I was the owner!

quote:Originally posted by finchster

No one on the first team wants to play that is obvious. I thought Toronto played better when they had all the international call ups playing against Chivas.

Agreed.

TFC should just play their younger players now. First team isn't cutting it.

Mo and Carver needs to be fired, but sadly they wouldn't because MLSE either don't have the balls to fire them or they simply lack soccer knowledge and believe whatever that crook (Mo) says to them. What makes it worst is that we got supporters who blindly support this team and if anybody questions TFC management or calling our players ****, they'll call you a non-supporter/fan. I guess we got too many Maple Leafs fans in our fanbase. x_x

That pitch was so small that the game was almost unplayable. It was like 11 v 11 on a hockey rink making it impossible for either team to keep any possession. Sutton's goal kicks were landing in the Kansas City box. Thank you Kansas City for your crap baseball stadium, crap fans, crap attendance and crap everything. You are the dead weight holding MLS back.

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

That pitch was so small that the game was almost unplayable. It was like 11 v 11 on a hockey rink making it impossible for either team to keep any possession. Sutton's goal kicks were landing in the Kansas City box. Thank you Kansas City for your crap baseball stadium, crap fans, crap attendance and crap everything. You are the dead weight holding MLS back.

I couldn't believe the size of that pitch. It's incredible. Very, very, narrow. Hard to believe it fell within regulation, but if it dose it can't by more than the width of a blade of grass.

Watching TFC play reminds myself I need to get an Impact shirt.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Eric

I guess there's a big enough group of fans that only wants to get drunk at the stadium instead of looking at what's going on the field and MLSE and Mo know that.

Oh yes, cause clearly the way to grow the game is to quit watching and supporting it.

The supporters deserve credit, not criticism.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

From what I have seen the players gave up several games back. I think they are all yearning to go home to mama.

And why not give up? This is my main problem with North American Sports, that teams out of the hunt have nothing to play for. They can pack it in, the club can make millions, and the threat of relegation doesn't exist. They know they'll be back next year.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

Oh yes, cause clearly the way to grow the game is to quit watching and supporting it.

The supporters need to stop giving themselves credit, and start being critical.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

That's not my point.

What I'm getting at is if we all know the product on the field is sh*t, why don't we stop supporting the team till they do something about it, like stop showing up to the games or protesting or what ever it takes to get these f***ers to listen to the fans.

But of course for them to take us seriously we have to understand the game and we have to be sober.

quote:Originally posted by RJB

And why not give up? This is my main problem with North American Sports, that teams out of the hunt have nothing to play for. They can pack it in, the club can make millions, and the threat of relegation doesn't exist. They know they'll be back next year.

Good point, I agree.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

^ A bad workman always blames his tools. Both teams faced identical conditions. TFC failed, again.

Hard to believe that they went in expecting the fullbacks to go on lots of overlaps given the field dimensions but that's what Jim Brennan appeared to be suggesting during his interview at half time. Sending lots of long balls down to Barrett and Ruiz in a small congested pitch, who are not the greatest in the air, while Dichio was sitting on the bench also was not the smartest move.

Archived