CANADA VS. USA......PERDICTION TIME!!...

btash

Guest Can. in UK

I've been wrong with every prediction so far...

USA 2-1 Canada

Let's hope the streak continues.

I think everyone in my office knows about this game. They are pretty much sick of hearing about it.

HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE BE GOING AGAINST CANADA!!!!??? I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL CANADIAN SUPPORTERS!!??

Man just like I said in a previous thread, I feel this is the best we've looked in a long time even in the prevoius Gold Cups. Prior to the tournament we were full of question marks but with not so great preporation we were able to win our group and defeat Guatamala 3-0 in the quarters. As of now the Nats moral should be the highest of all four teams, that is why we are going to win tonight and the tournament!

BEHTASH

Heres a good sign, when jazic and donavan were trash texing eachother donavan said he'll score two goals and jazic replied

"I said he probably will score two goals, but he'll be on the losing end ... 3-2."

Hey 3-2 was my perdiction ;)

quote:Originally posted by btash

HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE BE GOING AGAINST CANADA!!!!??? I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL CANADIAN SUPPORTERS!!??

Man just like I said in a previous thread, I feel this is the best we've looked in a long time even in the prevoius Gold Cups. Prior to the tournament we were full of question marks but with not so great preporation we were able to win our group and defeat Guatamala 3-0 in the quarters. As of now the Nats moral should be the highest of all four teams, that is why we are going to win tonight and the tournament!

BEHTASH

Call me superstitious, but i've been wrong every game so far! lol

Canada 2, United States 1

Paul Stalteri is due to score, and Gerba will round it up for us (thanks to Julian, Dwayne , and Atiba).

The American will get a PK, converted by LD. Onyewu will get a yellow.

And that's it. Happy Canada Day.

5-0 USA ... somebody was going to do it.

Anyway, my heart wants Canada to win Copa d'Or, but my head says it's better long-term if we lose.

We are not better than the US right now. Even if we win, it's almost pointless. The risk is, just like last time, we will go into WC qualifying overconfident and crash out to countries we should beat. Dominating Guatemala was bad enough.

quote:Originally posted by Elias

5-0 USA ... somebody was going to do it.

Anyway, my heart wants Canada to win Copa d'Or, but my head says it's better long-term if we lose.

We are not better than the US right now. Even if we win, it's almost pointless. The risk is, just like last time, we will go into WC qualifying overconfident and crash out to countries we should beat. Dominating Guatemala was bad enough.

Their is also that too. I am hoping regardless what happens, our national team builds on this momentum for the WCQ. I just hope the WCQ does not turn out to be a bust for us.

quote:Originally posted by Gaucho

1-1, USA wins on PK's 5-4.

Btw, I think that if Guadaloupe beats Mexico, the winner of this match automatically qualifies for the Confederations Cup.

Go Guadaloupe!

Go Gauchos!!! :)

My gut instinct is a Penalty Shootout win for USA too.

I think so far we have turned out some class performances, whereas the States have been a mixture of a nice moments, diving, too much direct play, attractive counter attacks, and bullying, boring soccer. There position as top of CONCACAF hasn't really translated into seriously attractive soccer. I can now say Canada tends to play a more attractive style. It took a long time to get away from our long ball and boring, reserved, defensive tendencies!!! We have arguably the most creative and potent midfield in the tourney, which should knock off the US game plan!! I hope we keep playing nice soccer, and win the battle in midfield! My only worry is a US penalty or a US counter against run of play. Who can really predict! Set pieces? Who knows...I hope we win! It would be really cool to see a shift in soccer powers within our region. Back toward where they once were! But with a more cohesive and attractive style from the Maple Leafs.

quote:Originally posted by mrpopulistfutebol

I hate to say it but the result does not matter, it is how we play that matters. That said, we can win this. I predict that 'Gooch' will be red-carded since he is a rather clumsy.

Their is also that too. I am hoping regardless what happens, our national team builds on this momentum for the WCQ. I just hope the WCQ does not turn out to be a bust for us.

quote:Originally posted by btash

BEHTASH

Have no fear; The Beaver is on side. There is tradition at play here; trust The Beaver's mojo.

Archived