Where are you travelling?

masster

I'm trying to decide where I should go this summer. I want to take in some of Canada's U-20 games for sure. Would love to go to Toronto for the opener but then I probably couldn't go to Edmonton for the next two. The fact its sold out and I don't have tickets is another problem. On the other hand, I could do a little tour and head to Ottawa and Montreal as well to take in Brazil and Argentina.

Option 2 would be Edmonton. I know gwallace was thinking about driving there and that could be a viable option.

Then there is the Gold Cup. The fact a new coach won't be in place turns me off it a little bit but I had loads of fun in Seattle in 2005 and wouldn't mind being there as well. Problem is I can't convince anybody to pony up the bucks to go with me.

If I had the money I'd do them all but obviously thats not going to happen. What are other Voyageurs doing and any suggestions for a virgin traveller? Where will the largest group of Voyageurs be?

Depends. My gf is a Brazilian journalist. She is in the process of submitting a couple of freelance proposals to a Brazilian Sports Magazine (I suggested "soccer in Canada" with a Jamaican bobsled - like feel). I guess if she gets the work, we will likely be in Montreal for a few days anyway.

Going to Edmonton for the matches through to the round of 16. In whats becoming a tradition in my household football gets piggy-backed with a Wee Elf holiday.

Going to do the tourist thingie up in dem der mountains for the off days. Probably rain the whole time. Don't care! I'll sit in my cabin and drink beer.

Was/am toying with the idea of jetting out to Toronto for the Chile match to. Even if I had tickets I don't know if I could pull it off. (Time, time. Money can buy everything but love and time). Even without tickets I may try anyway. Won't probably won't know till <s>July</s> (oops) JUNE 29th but I'm not counting on it.

Nope. Looks like Edmonton for me & mine.

I plan to travel to Toronto for Canada-Chile and maybe the July 2 game, on my way back to Quebec City I might stop in MTL for the July 3 games.

So far I only have my ticket for Canada-Chile.

BTW, if Canada MNT was to qualify for the GC 1/4 finals in Boston, I'm planning to attend the game.

Well now that we finally have the new stadium in Toronto after years of wilderness I'll have my hands full with games at BMO Field, fortunately. Like Sigma & Loyola, there is the possibility of some travel for the Gold Cup if we get out of Florida.

I will be attending all the TFC games that I get out to. Plus I got, with another Voyageur ( Metro), a package for the U20 that includes the opener, final and elimination matches in Toronto. Checked out the seats a two weeks ago and their awesome ( perfect location IMO). Unbeleiveable view!.

As far as the GC. Well the finals are in Chicago. IF by some chance we make all the way to the finals, its a good possibility for me asince I am on vacation around that time.

No doubt, the best summer ever for soccer.

Archived