Bernier Transfer Thread

Grizzly

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Thistle

Yeah, but it's pronounced "Cardiff".

Is it really, had no idea. Saw this on a Dutch website.

Also saw a longer name from New Caledonia, but I was not sure it was a soccer club so desisted.

Patrice has receivced a final offer from Tromsø and was supposed to answer today. He has delayed his answer until Monday because he wants to focus on the match against Rosenborg on Sunday.

He also received an another offer: "TO PATRICE BERNIER: If you put your autograph on the piece of paper you got from TIL, you will also get FREE BAGUETTES for the rest of the contract. Sincerely, The boss of JIMMIs, Jimmy Blennerup." :)

Bernier declined the final offer from Tromsø but Tromsø is preparing another one. Both Rapid Wien and FC Köln were watching Bernier against Rosenborg. After the match Bernier spoke to someone from the Austrian club, a club that has been following him since a game against Austria last year.

Guest Stian Stryni

Patrice is not yet decided, and is not rushing to strike a new deal with Tromso. There is yet no more information on the new offer from Tromso IL, but rumors says that local investors did agree to fill in the gap between Tromso's offering and Bernier's demands.

Check out this web-tv interview with Bernier from today:

http://www.nordlys.no/web-tv/article2724245.ece

A press release from Tromso IL, says that negotiations are off and that TIL respects Bernier's wishes. Bernier and the other players should now concentrate on the matches ahead.

• 1 month later...

The rumour is that 2.Bundesliga club Kaiserslautern is very close to sign Bernier. The club has appointed Norwegian Kjetil Rekdal, currently busy saving Lierse in Belgium from relegation, as their new head coach. Bernier is reported to fly to Germany, and maybe sign for the club, before going to Gold Cup.

rednwhite...where do you have the information that he will sign here with FCK?? I do live their, but our local press, like always are trailing behind.

Then we would have 2 Canadians, if not now, when then we will promote..:D

I don't know enough about either team to know whether this is a good career move for Bernier, but I have always seen him as one of the most consistently underrated players in the Canadian MNT (along with Imhof). I guess with both Josh and Patrice on board, we should all be rooting for this FCK to promote next season (as well as the other FCK in Cologne with McKenna).

Yeah, that's a good move for him. The beauty is they're a promotion candidate and with him and Simpson on the team that's 2 birds with one stone. Also, as is they're a better team than Tromso and playing in an arguably better league.

Thanks for the confirmation that he signed with Kaiserslautern. Everyone knows better and sooner then we here in K´town[8D]

Now with your support and 2 Canadians, let´s accomplish the mission...PROMOTION

According to Bold.dk, Patrice Bernier said no to an offer from Danish Brøndby (I'm quite sure this would be the first time ever that a player has chosen a German 2nd level side over Brøndby):

http://www.bolddk.com/nyt/?vis=69214

The article says:

The Tromsø-player Patrice Bernier has thanked no to an offer from Brøndby and has instead chosen to continue his career at Kaiserslautern, that has [Danish] Michael Schønberg as Sporting Director.

There were several clubs showing interest in Patrice Bernier after he made it clear that he would not extend his contract with Tromsø, that expires in the summer. Brøndby have been interested in the Canadian national team member, but he has now chosen to continue the career in the German 2. Bundesliga-club Kaiserslautern. The Tromsø players Agent, Stig Lillejord, confirm to Nettavisen that Bernier has signed a 3-year contract. Bernier look forward to continue the career in Germany.

- "I'm happy with the contract, finally there was a club that made a [final] decision," said Bernier to Norwegian TV2 and report that it was difficult to say no to Brøndby.

- "I was keeping all posibilities open, and among other things Brøndby made a good offer that was not easy to refuse," said Bernier. In Kaiserslautern Bernier get Norwegian Kjetil Rekdal as coach and [Danish] Michael Schønberg as a sporting director.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

The news about the transfer is now up on Kaiserslautern website: www.fck.de and is also being reported by Kicker: http://www.kicker.de/fussball/2bundesliga/startseite/artikel/366374

And Transfermarkt.de as well :D

http://transfermarkt.de/de/news/16273/ddd/news/anzeigen.html

His profile isn't completely updated yet on the site, but it will be in the next couple of days considering they've already got an article up on it.

Archived