Bernier Transfer Thread

Grizzly

Director Schjönberg said that he fits humanly and athletically to us. He can play many positions but will probably play midfield and should be a creating factor there. Also he should be responsible for the standards.

I´m sure that two factors tipped the balance, with Josh he has a teammate (he feels home here) and with Rekdal a norwegian coach. We are happy that he finally said yes to the offer of the FCK(aiserslautern).

The supporting comunity for our team in Canada will increase hopefully;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

He made the right decision in my opinion. 2.Bundeliga is a higher standard than the top tier in Denmark.

You must be joking... If this really was the case, then how is it possible that Danish top-flight teams have eliminate German top-flight teams 6 out of 10 times in the Europa cup's since 1986 ? (when full-time professional football was introduced in Denmark)..

Just look at this season.... OB Odense finished 4 in the Danish Superliga and eliminated Hertha Berlin in the UEFA Cup, Brøndby on the other hand have just finished their worst season ever and did not win a single away match in the Superliga, so it's not really that big a surprise how they got eliminated by Eintracht Frankfurt.

I'm not joking Ceres and my comments are not driven by nationalism as I'm not German. Sure Denmark usually has a couple of reasonably decent clubs at the top of their league nowadays but the smaller clubs like Silkeborg IF and AC Horsens would be more comparable to Regionalliga or Oberliga outfits in Germany than 2.Bundesliga. That shouldn't be surprising given Germany has about 16 times the population of Denmark.

quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

I'm not joking Ceres and my comments are not driven by nationalism as I'm not German. Sure Denmark usually has a couple of reasonably decent clubs at the top of their league nowadays but the smaller clubs like Silkeborg IF and AC Horsens would be more comparable to Regionalliga or Oberliga outfits in Germany than 2.Bundesliga. That shouldn't be surprising given Germany has about 16 times the population of Denmark.

Ther is always a very large number of Danish players earning their wages in Germany. and I can tell you, that Danish players usually want to return to the Superliga rather than playing 2.Bundeliga. (No Danish league players would even consider playing Regionalliga or Oberliga)

They btw also agree that the reason Danish teams very often progress in the Europa cups against German top teams despite the Germans ofcause having more money and some bigger "names" in their teams, is because they find the Danish league clubs/players simply to be tactically superior to the level in the Bundesliga. They also say that the tactical level is almost unbelivable poor in the lower leagues of Germany.

Archived