Canada vs USA U20 friendly - July 7 at Toronto

jasonm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who paid the $50 deposit for Toronto FC, you would have received the same email that I did this morning:

quote:Dear Rudi,

As a Toronto FC member we want you to be the first to hear about some exciting soccer news coming to Toronto. You will receive this news before anyone else tomorrow morning.

Watch your inbox for this exciting announcement.

Thanks for being a club member!

Toronto FC

This must be what they are talking about.

quote:Originally posted by jasonm

Just found this on ticketmaster

Canada vs USA - Men's U20 Soccer

Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

Fri, Jul 7, 2006 07:00 PM

Rogers Center? That dump! That place that wasn't good enough for the MLS or Canda?

Well we'll have an idea of what kind of soccer market Toronto is now. Whether it's up to Edmonton's level of 14k.

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

This will be somthing that Canadians will be proud of from all around... dont worry Vee's the U-Sector will be rocking on the 7th!

But don't bring any banners. I heard the csa is allowing a country band from Alabama to set-up and play throug out the game and that the Radio City Rockettes will be there. And I'm betting that the crowd will be pro American with all the Americans living in the 905 area outdrawing the locals in the crowds....

Guest Dave

Looking forward to this match.... I have a good feeling we get a result.

Perhaps CSA will have a PPV webcast again.

Guest Dave

Looking forward to this match.... I have a good feeling we get a result.

Perhaps CSA will have a PPV webcast again.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

$39 seems a little much for a U20 friendly, but $19 isn't too bad I suppose.

Low end in Edmonton was $16 (GA) and went up to about $35.

But TO shouldn't have any distractions at the time so they'll really be under the spotlight.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

$39 seems a little much for a U20 friendly, but $19 isn't too bad I suppose.

Low end in Edmonton was $16 (GA) and went up to about $35.

But TO shouldn't have any distractions at the time so they'll really be under the spotlight.

I think between 10 and 15K is reasonnable for that game considering that the USA aren't Brazil.

I wonder if that game will involve another game against the USA maybe somewhere else in Canada or in the US.

Dale Mitchell said that they were looking to play between 15 and 20 games before the WYC start, I'm glad to see that the CSA seemed commited to have a well prepared team for next year.

The CSA should broadcast this game on the internet like the Victoria game since a lot of americans fans will be looking to watch that game.

I think between 10 and 15K is reasonnable for that game considering that the USA aren't Brazil.

I wonder if that game will involve another game against the USA maybe somewhere else in Canada or in the US.

Dale Mitchell said that they were looking to play between 15 and 20 games before the WYC start, I'm glad to see that the CSA seemed commited to have a well prepared team for next year.

The CSA should broadcast this game on the internet like the Victoria game since a lot of americans fans will be looking to watch that game.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

3800. if that.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

3800. if that.

I expect at least 10K if the CSA is promoting this game the right way: that mean using Sportsnet and TSN during the World Cup to have commercials about the 2007 WYC and this game against the USA (in that publicity I would say something about Canada beating Brazil a few weeks ago). If I don,t see any publicity about next year U-20's WC during this year WC I will be shock.

But if 5-7K show up for the USA game it wouldn't be that bad since the USA aren't a soccer power yet. But I expect more. But let's wait before making negatives comments, we'll have our answer in a month.

I expect at least 10K if the CSA is promoting this game the right way: that mean using Sportsnet and TSN during the World Cup to have commercials about the 2007 WYC and this game against the USA (in that publicity I would say something about Canada beating Brazil a few weeks ago). If I don,t see any publicity about next year U-20's WC during this year WC I will be shock.

But if 5-7K show up for the USA game it wouldn't be that bad since the USA aren't a soccer power yet. But I expect more. But let's wait before making negatives comments, we'll have our answer in a month.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Could somebody explain when TFC/MLS would be able to sign any of the unattached u20s?

Well, I guess they've got to hire a GM and a coach first. I haven't heard anything about that beyond the fact that they're looking. Then discovery picks? I wonder how long before other clubs start snapping up the unattached players?

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Could somebody explain when TFC/MLS would be able to sign any of the unattached u20s?

Well, I guess they've got to hire a GM and a coach first. I haven't heard anything about that beyond the fact that they're looking. Then discovery picks? I wonder how long before other clubs start snapping up the unattached players?

Archived