Toronto MLS Team Name Suggestion Thread

Gian-Luca

quote:

I guess you most pontificate since you where tossed ass an ahole Mod on big soccer. I belive the consensous was your where an Anal SOB.

So dont preach to me you pathtic whimp.

I wasn't tossed at BS and am considering going back now that I have more time. I quit as mod because I finished what I intended which was to get rid of the trolls like you and bring back some intelligent discussion.

I don't know if you still send insulting emails and PMs to people but if you continue this behaviour I'll find a way to get rid of you here too. So just keep it up and the result will be the same as Big Soccer.

I'm not going to say anything more because everyone is aware there is something wrong with you and your self esteem issues but I'm sure you will respond in the same rude way as you always do and I'll just quietly go about my business.

By the way making sockpuppets here isn't as easy as Big Soccer so good luck to you and if you can, try and insult me in English this time so at least I can understand it. Or get a dictionary :)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

I wasn't tossed at BS and am considering going back now that I have more time. I quit as mod because I finished what I intended which was to get rid of the trolls like you and bring back some intelligent discussion.

I don't know if you still send insulting emails and PMs to people but if you continue this behaviour I'll find a way to get rid of you here too. And you know I can do it, so just keep it up and the result will be the same as Big Soccer.

I'm not going to say anything more because everyone is aware there is something wrong with you and your self esteem but I'm sure you will respond in the same rude way as you always do and I'll just quietly go about my business.

By the way making sockpuppets here isn't as easy as Big Soccer so good luck to you.

Joe all people havt to do is go to big soccer and see your shoddy work.

A complte and total disregard for others. Shuting down threads and having super mods open them up again.

Say what you may, but you have little to add to any inteligent conversation.

You also continually post full articles which are against the rules of the forums.

You also lead big soccer on most post with the least replies.

People like you are afraid of people who speak the truth.

So take your political correctness and go away.

Standing up to bullies like you is my right.

I also highly doubt you will mod on Big Soccer again. Truth be told most on there have little or no use for you. Read the post they speak for themselves.

So Joe go to the Corner of Main and whatever in Winterpeg and preach to those who might give a heck about what you have to say.

I know for certin most here think your a windbag.

Windbag? That may be true :) but a supermod never reopened a thread I closed. You seem to have me confused with somebody else and I think the present mods will tell you that.

You are also not cognizant of the rules for posting articles which are stated in black and white (that familiar) and I followed those rules.

And as for criticism as a mod the only ones I got were from petersoccer, Black and White, La Rosa Morreti, udinese, soccerchamp, MLS TO, and leafs. Oh, I guess they were all you.

I may be a windbag but I have never been so pathetic to keep inventing sock puppets to back up my childlike trolls and sending sexually explicit emails and PMs to fellow members. If he does that to anyone here (or already has) I suggest you contact the mods and make your feelings known.

One last thing Leafs (or whatever you're calling yourself this week) some of those emails and PMs you sent had some people talking about harassment and contacting your ISP, you should give that some serious thought.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

quote:Originally posted by Leafs

Joe all people havt to do is go to big soccer and see your shoddy work.

A complte and total disregard for others. Shuting down threads and having super mods open them up again.

Say what you may, but you have little to add to any inteligent conversation.

You also continually post full articles which are against the rules of the forums.

You also lead big soccer on most post with the least replies.

People like you are afraid of people who speak the truth.

So take your political correctness and go away.

Standing up to bullies like you is my right.

I also highly doubt you will mod on Big Soccer again. Truth be told most on there have little or no use for you. Read the post they speak for themselves.

So Joe go to the Corner of Main and whatever in Winterpeg and preach to those who might give a heck about what you have to say.

I know for certin most here think your a windbag.

Are you dyslexic?

Windbag? That may be true :) but a supermod never reopened a thread I closed. You seem to have me confused with somebody else and I think the present mods will tell you that.

You are also not cognizant of the rules for posting articles which are stated in black and white (that familiar) and I followed those rules.

And as for criticism as a mod the only ones I got were from petersoccer, Black and White, La Rosa Morreti, udinese, soccerchamp, MLS TO, and leafs. Oh, I guess they were all you.

I may be a windbag but I have never been so pathetic to keep inventing sock puppets to back up my childlike trolls and sending sexually explicit emails and PMs to fellow members. If he does that to anyone here (or already has) I suggest you contact the mods and make your feelings known.

One last thing Leafs (or whatever you're calling yourself this week) some of those emails and PMs you sent had some people talking about harassment and contacting your ISP, you should give that some serious thought.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Delusional fool you are. Joe shut up and dont lie. You closed threads and they were reopened. Selective Memory I guess.

quote:Delusional fool you are. Joe shut up and dont lie. You closed threads and they were reopened. Selective Memory I guess.

Everyone knows you troll, lie (re my closing threads), send perverted emails and PMs, create sockpuppets and add nothing constructive or informative. You get your kicks by getting people to respond to your trolling, a form of control. You did at BS until I got rid of you and you'll do it here until the mods see how many people you turn off.

You're a one trick pony kid, and the act is wearing thin. I'm just surprised they've let you go 50 posts. The supermods at BS would red card you as soon as your new sockpuppet became known (usually after one post)

It's ironic you mention nobody responding to my posts, I don't mind, I don't crave the attention like you, but I think the record for no responses was held by someone else and for a very good reason. The answer is so clear it's Black and White. :)

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

Uh, Leafs, are you perhaps confusing Joe with DoyleG? I believe you are.

db

No It has happened to both of them. Both Joe and Doyle have closd threads and had them reopned. Joe has very selective memory.

quote:Originally posted by Leafs

No It has happened to both of them. Both Joe and Doyle have closd threads and had them reopned. Joe has very selective memory.

Well if you say so although I thought Joe did a pretty good job. I know Doyle recently deleted a thread he started himself and then had another moderator bring it back to life saying that Doyle shouldn't have closed it (or deleted it) in the first place. It was all a bit odd.

I seem to recall Joe closing a thread but then reopening it himself when he thought better of it.

One thing is for sure, I'll take Joe over Doyle as moderator any day of the week.

db

quote:

A supermod never reopened any thread I have closed.

Prove it, liar. You can't because it didn't happen.

Until then shut it.

Mods if you don't want this thread to totally degenerate (which is exactly what that lying troll punk wants) I suggest you mete out some discipline. And if you feel I need it for defending myself against an historically proven troll (and I can get you all the info to back it up) go ahead.

Hi — long-time reader, first-time poster.

I wanted to weigh in because I grew up in Toronto and I'm old enough to remember the Blizzard. I'm also so excited about MLS in Toronto that I plan to be in the stands for the home opener — no matter where I'm living at the time.

I think any name has to be something that's connected to Toronto's history or character. This rules out focus group-generated crap like Raptors and also means idiotic Euro-isms like "Real" are out. I agree with just about everybody on this board that Real Salt Lake is quite possibly the most ridiculous sports franchise name e-v-e-r. A Latin/Hispanic name for a team that plays in the whitest city on Earth??? Who's the genius who thought of that???

I'm going to sound a note of dissent about Blizzard, however. I have fond memories of the original Blizzard (and the logo and uni's stand up better today than many of the other excesses of the 70s) but I think it's time to move on.

Years of exposure via the Blue Jays and the Raptors have helped Toronto ditch the snowy stereotype American sports fans may have once had. Why should we be so anxious to hold onto it?

Would it be too much to ask that a pro sports team be named after something tangible? How about an indiginous animal? A famous building or landmark? Back in the 1980s when the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers wanted to move the team to Toronto, he was going to rename them the Toronto Towers. I'm NOT saying MLSE should call the MLS team the Towers, I'm just using it as an example of a name that has local significance (and for basketball, it would have been a clever double entendre too).

Please, no more non-plural names that make using the team name in a sentence sound silly (Blitz, Magic, Surf, etc). "Landon Donovan officially became a Surf today." "Three Magics are in the six-yard box...."

And pretty please, no more names with juvenile "alternative" spellings that sound like they're out of a Saturday morning cartoon show: Shoxx, Starzz, etc.

I wouldn't mind something traditional like Toronto FC, though I think it's asking too much to expect the marketing types to pick something so simple and devoid of a gimmick. Calling them the Toronto Internationals or simply International is the least offensive of faux-Euro names, but I'm not sure I like it.

Whatever the name, I share the sentiment of other posters that the kit have a more traditional look to it, with a tasteful crest rather than a huge logo. Again, I'm doubtful the ad wizards in charge of branding will be able to resist something kitschy, but here's hoping....

OMG!!

i just met someone who is a religious mormon who went to Salt Lake City and gave me some insight to the city's style. Basically, he is not white, people stereotyped him as latin (filipino background) but once he made it known he was a mormon, he was, as he puts it (SORT) of accepted.

what i gained was,

large families

marriage w/i the family is not ruled out! holy incestual arkansas!

pilegamy (sp??) is accepted.

drinking is frowned upon including late night bars, dancing.

not very cultured and diverse city.

spanish is literally pushed aside there (i told him about Real Salt Lake and couldn't understand what is soo "REAL" about the location)

i would like to nominate "FC COFU TORONTO BLACK SQUIRRELS"

A supermod never reopened any thread I have closed.

Prove it, liar. You can't because it didn't happen.

Until then shut it.

Mods if you don't want this thread to totally degenerate (which is exactly what that lying troll punk wants) I suggest you mete out some discipline. And if you feel I need it for defending myself against an historically proven troll (and I can get you all the info to back it up) go ahead.

Grow up. Your beeing your usual Anal Joe. The thread is fine . Its you who is not.

Can't prove your lies, right troll? Can't spell either. Illiterate, a troll and a liar.

Love the attention, right? Pavlov's troll.

Give up. You are a liar. You closed a thread and reopened it after realizing your analnus.

Spelling may not be my strong point. That does not make one Iliterate, asshole.

Put an end to it. Its plain and simple. You are a windbag from the windy city. Shut up Joe MACARATHY. Let it go I have. Selective memory or Parkinsons, which is it Joe?

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Oranje

Hi — long-time reader, first-time poster.

Welcome to the board - well, welcome to posting to it anyway if you're a long time reader.

I remember the Toronto Towers name movement, I think it was also suggested when they were deciding what to call the expansion team that became the Raptors.

My Black Squirrels suggestion is based upon something that visitors to Toronto have commented on that is noteworthy about Toronto - that we have a lot of black squirrels here. Although it was suggested as a joke, I still have visions of a team logo with a black squirrel with an evil expression on his face biting into a soccer ball.

quote:Give up. You are a liar. You closed a thread and reopened it after realizing your analnus.

Spelling may not be my strong point. That does not make one Iliterate, asshole.

Put an end to it. Its plain and simple. You are a windbag from the windy city. Shut up Joe MACARATHY. Let it go I have. Selective memory or Parkinsons, which is it Joe?

So you're changing your story now, a supermod didn't open a thread I closed. Who has the selective memory now, illiterate. Not literate enough to post anything of value, like a child you have to troll and try and tear down what others are building.

Spelling is not your strong point, nor is telling the truth or adding anything constructive or informative.

Just like you troll, I'm not gonna let it go. You've been caught in a lie and you want to change the subject. No way kid, you started it and I'm gonna finish it. You're in the sights now, say your prayers troll. Bang, bang...:)

Let's see how you like being trolled. Also, what's with the anus fixation?

TGJM

So you're changing your story now, a supermod didn't open a thread I closed. Who has the selective memory now, illiterate. Not literate enough to post anything of value, like a child you have to troll and try and tear down what others are building.

Spelling is not your strong point, nor is telling the truth or adding anything constructive or informative.

Just like you troll, I'm not gonna let it go. You've been caught in a lie and you want to change the subject. No way kid, you started it and I'm gonna finish it. You're in the sights now, say your prayers troll. Bang, bang...:)

Let's see how you like being trolled. Also, what's with the anus fixation?

TGJM

A small pathetic man you are. Bang bang Joe you are irelevent in this world and you terrible attitude and lack of vision forced you out at Bigsoccer.

One thin is certin, there is a lack of class canadians at big soccer, has to be considering the low level of the mods, yourself and Doyleg are a joke.

Good thing your gone . We can all be glad of that.

Fact is you where involved in closing a thread or having it closed. One or the other thats the truth.

Now MR BANG BANG FIFF OFF.

I dont have an Anal fixitation just point out what your charecter is ANAL. No sense of humor, no Tolerance. Thats you Joe. A blight on Canadian Soccer. How much support in the Stands have you given Canadian ProSoccer. I have sat in the stands here for over 40 years.

Archived