Soccer Superstar Born on Friday

The Beaver

The Beaver is bloody proud to announce to you good fellows that Canada's next superstar striker was born this past Friday at 9pm in Vancouver (at home.) His name is Paul Jacob. My wife is doing very well, and Paul and I have started working on game theory so that by the time he can walk and run, he'll have that half of the game down pat.

By the way, little Paul also predicts Italy 1 -- Canada 0

Doubly done!

Little Paul may not take after you and actually predict correctly rather than curse, Beav.

And if he has your cautiousness and stature, he may be a better goalkeeper than a striker. Has your wife told you how he kicks?

Congrats, and much happiness!:)

Hi,

Congrats!

I have a 17 month old boy and let me tel you - get the ball out early. My boy's favorite word, one of the few he knows, is 'ball'. Everytime he sees a ball he lights up (no, not that kind of lighting up) and starts shouting - 'ball, 'ball', 'ball'. He has even developed a kicking technique that resembles stamping on the edge of the ball.

Enjoy.

P.S. We did the home birth too. Pretty crazy (the whole event) - but we would do it again.

Congrats beaver. That's another drink your way.

It's uncanny that we both have boys, mine born just before

Christmas. I suggest you follow Paddy's advice about the

soccer ball. Certainly works on Jack (my son's name).

Start them early. Heck, he's even coming to Seattle for the

Gold Cup.;) All the best to you and your family.

Apparently, if you're a Voyageur your boys swim...

Well done. Ten fingers, ten toes and all the bits inbetween and everything after that is all right.

I'm sure he's got a grand right foot already. Left peg will develop. But if memmory serves me right, it's those lungs you're going to have to worry about. The lot of you. The good new is when they do get quiet it's usualy because they're sleeping. Or choking. Whichever.

And on the subject of non-stop screaming angels, if Wee Jack is going to Seattle he better not be on Wednseday's 8:30 on Air Canada or I'm switching flights.

CONGRATULATIONS!:D

My wife and I are going to have our third in January. Hmmm, your striker, I'll have three mids, I think Paddy can contribute as well...

The Left Coast contingent of the National team should be pretty solid.:)

Guys, thank you for all the kind words. What I find encouraging to see is that more and more "indigenous" (2nd, 3rd, 4th generation and beyond) Canadians are putting their kids in soccer and focussing energies there instead of hockey. For so long our player base came mostly from immigrant families who grew up loving soccer. I'm 8th generation Canadian--my family came to Canada in the late 1600s--and cannot imagine putting my son in any other sport. (Mind you, if he wishes to play some other sport or do ballet or sing or whatever, I'll support him fully. I just want to give soccer a gentle head start over the rest of the sports.)

As soon as possible, I'm going to coach him to move the ball like a Colombian.

Cheers.

quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

Congrats Beaver.... well done!

As a Mod I was gonna suggest we move this to the OT forum... but since beachesl already posted his congrats too and let it slide - who am I to quibble~ :D

Thank you. I appreciate the leniency.

By the way, how many mods do we have? There's you and DJT and Beaches and ? and ?

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

And on the subject of non-stop screaming angels, if Wee Jack is going to Seattle he better not be on Wednseday's 8:30 on Air Canada or I'm switching flights.

Good news, we're on the 7:30 flight. Fortunately Jack has already

flown to Baltimore/Washington without any crying fits. So far

so good.[^]

Hey Beaver!!

Congratulations to you and your wife!..It must be an amazing feeling to be a Dad!..as long as you show him the passion and dedication you have for the game of soccer, he´ll be fine!...and you never know if we might see little Paul sport the red and white, I hope so!

Cheers,

fza

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Thank you. I appreciate the leniency.

By the way, how many mods do we have? There's you and DJT and Beaches and ? and ?

At the moment we're the few, the proud, the undervalued~

The Mod Squad includes:

beachesl, DJT, Ryan Keay, strobe_z

Daniel is also a Mod in the French forum.

quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

At the moment we're the few, the proud, the undervalued~

The Mod Squad includes:

beachesl, DJT, Ryan Keay, strobe_z

Daniel is also a Mod in the French forum.

Ah, a noble and judicious bunch. Thank you for this. [8D]

Archived