Portugal game on TV? + Vancouver viewing/gathering

stacks

quote:Originally posted by stacks

Hey, I know the game is not on Sportsnet, but what about Fox Sports world or pay per view. Or any bar or pub in Vancouver? anybody know?

Radio Televisao Portuguesa Internacional (RTPi)is carrying the game. It's available on the DISH Network. I'd expect that Toronto would have a Portugues bar that can get this.

Is there much of a Portugues community in Vancouver?

quote:Originally posted by Rivaldo

Radio Televisao Portuguesa Internacional (RTPi)is carrying the game. It's available on the DISH Network. I'd expect that Toronto would have a Portugues bar that can get this.

Is there much of a Portugues community in Vancouver?

There seems to be everytime Brazil wins a World Cup.:D

There is a Portuguese club on Commercial Drive.I might just make a visit there on Saturday.

Is there any chance that someone with access to that telecast could record it, so a torrent could be made for those of us living away from the major centers? Even a VHS recording could be made into a torrent file...

quote:Originally posted by Markus

Does anyone know if the Portuguese Club on Commercial (in Vancouver) will be showing the Canada Portugal game?

I'm guessing yes, but I think it would be a good idea to call in advance being that they don't really have to let you in wearing your reds... I would like to have a back-up plan just in case. I don't know anything about satellite, but is it reasonable to assume that somebody else (Roma/CCC) could tune it in?

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

I'm guessing yes, but I think it would be a good idea to call in advance being that they don't really have to let you in wearing your reds... I would like to have a back-up plan just in case. I don't know anything about satellite, but is it reasonable to assume that somebody else (Roma/CCC) could tune it in?

I'd doubt anyone would bar Canadian supporters in Canada... [xx(]

found this at the soccer TV site:

Sat Mar 26 12:30PM Pacific

Sat Mar 26 01:30PM Mountain

Sat Mar 26 02:30PM Central

Sat Mar 26 03:30PM Eastern

Length: 2 hr LIVE

Radio Televisao Portuguesa Internacional (RTPi) - North America feed

International Friendly/Partido Amistoso - CONCACAF/UEFA

Portugal vs Canada

What I gather from this is that there are other sources than the Dish network to watch this game. Who knows, this is proably the type of channell that you might able to find more easily. But what I also noticed is that there are a ton of WCQ matches on that day from all over the world and in difference regions. Probably the busiest day for int'l fixtures in many years. So that could spell very bad news for people going out to try to watch this game.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

found this at the soccer TV site:

Sat Mar 26 12:30PM Pacific

Sat Mar 26 01:30PM Mountain

Sat Mar 26 02:30PM Central

Sat Mar 26 03:30PM Eastern

Length: 2 hr LIVE

Radio Televisao Portuguesa Internacional (RTPi) - North America feed

International Friendly/Partido Amistoso - CONCACAF/UEFA

Portugal vs Canada

What I gather from this is that there are other sources than the Dish network to watch this game. Who knows, this is proably the type of channell that you might able to find more easily.

Just to make it clear to everyone: as far as we know, the game will be available only on RTPi. One way to get RTPi is through DISH Network (channel 816, I think). Do we know of other ways to get RTPi?

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I'd doubt anyone would bar Canadian supporters in Canada... [xx(]

For those who don't know, the Portuguese Club is a private club and you need to be buzzed in. I'm not saying there will be a problem watching there, I just think it would be wise to call in advance. I'll do that tomorrow to confirm the game is on, but should I mention anything about a contingent of Canada supporters? And if so, how many?

Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

The Portuguese Club will be open at 11:00 AM on Saturday. Everyone welcome. 1144 Commercial Drive.

I'm guessing you called then. This might be a stupid question but did they confirm that they'll have the game on?

quote:Originally posted by Paddy

What time does the game actually start (PST).

I have it listed in the sticky thread for easy access:

12:30 PM PST / 1:30 PM MST / 2:30 PM CST / 3:30 PM EST / 4:30 PM AST / 5:00 PM NST / 8:30 PM Portugal

Archived