How many Voyageurs attending the Kingston match?

Jarrek

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can't get tickets beforehand (possible, cos the distribution system sucks) then I suggest just showing up and looking for the Voyageurs. We'll likely be tailgating before the game somewhere. We'll be there nice and early and I'm positive that there'll be a few extra tix floating around. Between us, the ticket window and maybe a few scalpers I'm sure that nobody will go home unhappy.

It's taken us a while to get our act together but I can now 95% confirm that 6 to 8 (including me) of last year's BHTC will be roadtripping in from Burlington. We might not be wearing much red and white (I'll see what I can do to encourage this) but after a few drinks we'll be willing to sing just about any silly song you can come up with. I know at least one of us has a Canada scarf and I might go looking around for one tomorrow or Saturday.

Mike.

I have said this many time before ... if you can't wear red, wear white ... or just all red, or all white.

Drop by Dollarama to pick up some good cheap Canada Gear ...

Based on all this info, I think there will be around 110 - 140 of us in the GA section and some more in the west stands. I'm sure it will have impact!

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

If you can't get tickets beforehand (possible, cos the distribution system sucks) then I suggest just showing up and looking for the Voyageurs. We'll likely be tailgating before the game somewhere. We'll be there nice and early and I'm positive that there'll be a few extra tix floating around. Between us, the ticket window and maybe a few scalpers I'm sure that nobody will go home unhappy.

And if that dosen't work, grovel.

Seriously.

Richardson isn't an all seater venue by a long shot. I don't think the match'll be sold out but if in the off chance it is and tickets aren't to be had for love or money just grovel, complain, and generaly work on the sympathies of the ticket agents.

Play up the fact that if the CSA ticket distribution scheme wasn't a complete farce you'd already have your tickets. Play up the fact that you've travelled at great personal expence over vast distances to see your Canada lads at their 1st home date in nigh on 4 years (true or not). The more of you you can get together the stronger your protests. And I'm quite sure a few Voyageurs will join the chorus. Go on! Let 'em in. Standing room only. $5. Plenty of grass for everyone.

Demand to see a manager. Get someone inside to fetch a mobile camera man, they'll be all about the place I'm sure. The point is don't give up. People are usualy pretty good. It's a small venure and you can tweek the rules a little.

Otherwise, hop the fence. Pick a spot by the port-a-potties or out of sight of the main gate. Get over when the most people are going through the turnstiles and leg it into the crowd quick in case someone spys you and feels like being a nazi. What's the worse that's going to happen? You'll get kicked out.

Sure the Voyageurs can cause a suitable distractions during any covert operations.[}:)]

Cheeta sad.

Yeah, Canada is one country where hoping the fence will not put life and limb in jeopardy.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but people are only allowed in if there is no seating for them. Part XII, Article 18, Section 3 of the WC Competition Regulations say that no standing room areas are allowed to be used.

http://www.fifa.com/wc/2006/WC06-English.pdf , at page 22.

(sorry to be a rule nazi!)

I think the best no-ticketers can expect is to watch through the chain-link fences at the end-zones.

And just in case FIFA forces CSA to be strict, no glass bottles (this will be a minumum standard I assume), and don't bring anything large that is valuable like a video-recorder or a ghetto-blaster, unless you will be in a position to run back to a vehicle to leave it until after the game. In fact, in most countries they allow no containers nor bags nor poles whatsoever- just what you are wearing. I attended a few WCQ matches in the Middle-East and South America where I was parched in the extreme heat because I had to discard my plastic water containers at the gate and the concessions were out of sold water before I entered[xx(].

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

I have said this many time before ... if you can't wear red, wear white ... or just all red, or all white.

Drop by Dollarama to pick up some good cheap Canada Gear ...

Based on all this info, I think there will be around 110 - 140 of us in the GA section and some more in the west stands. I'm sure it will have impact!

Use the pairs you have and let's hear you on the TV.:)

Archived