How many Voyageurs attending the Kingston match?

Jarrek

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figure it's the job of the hardcores bringing the non-hardcores to make sure they are hardcore. In my case it should just take a lot of beer to make my buddy sing.

Are there a bunch of people from Montreal coming or is that not happening?

cheers,

matthew

Ok, come on guys...let's break the all time Voyageurs record of 100 for the Canada-CR match back in 97..mind you, of that probably only 20% were the cheering type...5 more and we have crossed an all-time high :-)

well i'm getting my ticket from "torontosupport" on sunday @ the lynx game so I guess 95+1 ( i'll do my best to be hardcore ;) ) heheh I still need a ride. I'll ask around @ the Lynx game sunday if anyone can squeeze a polish-canadian in the car it will be greatly appreciated so were up to 96

I haven't seen Grasshopper post in the thread yet, but I've got his ticket so you can make him #99 (he's an Oiler fan, he'll like that) and Ultra James doesn't post in this forum & I know he's going to the match & I'll mention him on his behalf. So make that....

ONE HUNDRED!!!!!!

I thought that WilfP the Real 99 was going to claim Voyageur spot #99, but in his absence (although I understand that he will be at the game) on this thread, I happily claim the 99th spot. Thanks GL.

Blair

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I haven't seen Grasshopper post in the thread yet, but I've got his ticket so you can make him #99 (he's an Oiler fan, he'll like that) and Ultra James doesn't post in this forum & I know he's going to the match & I'll mention him on his behalf. So make that....

ONE HUNDRED!!!!!!

Here I am thinking about next Sunday. I'm actually watching coverage of D-Day events from France and just listened to rousing versions of Le Marseillaise and O Canada and it's reminded me of a few things....

The movie Casablanca, seeing the French National Team sing their anthem prior to the France 98 semi-final (I recall their enthusiasm and that Marcel Desailly was about as tone deaf as is humanly possible) and then I flash to the version of O Canada that I've heard at each of the last two Gold Cups. The version of O Canada that I've heard at Gold Cups is so slow and funereal that to associate the word anthem with the tune takes imagination of the highest order. I hope that the CSA has a properly rousing National Anthem planned for Kingston. If they don't I will be supremely pissed off; there's absolutely no reason beyond incompetence to play a less than inspiring version of the anthem before a national game. The players all have pride in playing for the country and the fans are there to cheer on the country's best players; the anthem should be where the stadium momentum starts to build.

So, get it right CSA.

Blair

Archived