OQ: Canada - USA [R]

Massive Attack

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this tourney will have much bearing on how we do in WCQ. Very few of the players that played tonight are going to feature prominently in qualifying, and we are going to have a different coach.

But that's it for Twamley I'm afraid. Two failures to qualify is more than enough.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

I'm starting to sweat for WCQ.

Early prediction? 4-goal Belize aggregate and then 3rd or 4th in the semis (if Guatemala is there) with something like 5 points (1 win, 2 draws, 3 losses).

This should have no bearing on WCQ what so ever. Having said that, anything is possible in WCQ. The only sure bets are that we will beat Belize ( if they show up) and that Mex and US are the class of the field in Concacaf. The rest is open. Canada could just as easily grab one of the remaining 1.5 spots in he hex or finish last in the semi final round.

A few details gleaned from reading the bigsoccer play by play. Apparently (for what its worth, totally moot now) Braz was ejected for complaining to the Ref about the 2nd goal, which Braz felt was offside. This came shortly after Canada had two claims for penalties (when the score was 1-0) which the Spanish-language announcers calling the game say were legitimate penalties, but neither called.

The Ref was from T&T, incidentally.

This of course, does us absolutly no good at all now.

Archived