Who is our next Radz?

massimo

quote:Originally posted by Natesta

Radz is great and all, but I wouldn't call him a great international player until he actually gets us somewhere other than being the ninth ranked team in CONCACAF.

I doubt you understood the question.

What I am asking is who is the next great Canadian player. At the moment I'd say Radz is the best Canadian. For the future, personally I say Hume.

What about:

Goalkeeper Daniel Fernandes

Defender David Edgar

Midfielder Maycoll Canizalez

Midfielder Nikolas Ledgerwood

Striker Elliott Godfrey

Does anyone think these guys have what it takes?

In terms of being one of the best players for a top-class side, Stalteri can't be far behind Radzinski currently, and is still relatively young.

My predictions for future stardom:

Defense: I don't see any "can't miss" type prospects here.

Midfield: The de Guzman brothers, Atiba

Forward: Humey, without a doubt.

quote:Originally posted by Natesta

Radz is great and all, but I wouldn't call him a great international player until he actually gets us somewhere other than being the ninth ranked team in CONCACAF.

Also, you fail to realize that soccer is a team sport. There is no player in the world that can carry a team on his back or qualify for the world cup without his teamates aiding him in doing so.

But now you've made me go off topic. Sorry to the others.

quote:Originally posted by massimo

Also, you fail to realize that soccer is a team sport. There is no player in the world that can carry a team on his back or qualify for the world cup without his teamates aiding him in doing so.

But now you've made me go off topic. Sorry to the others.

George Weah. Liberia.

quote:Originally posted by massimo

I doubt you understood the question.

What I am asking is who is the next great Canadian player. At the moment I'd say Radz is the best Canadian. For the future, personally I say Hume.

What about:

Goalkeeper Daniel Fernandes

Defender David Edgar

Midfielder Maycoll Canizalez

Midfielder Nikolas Ledgerwood

Striker Elliott Godfrey

Does anyone think these guys have what it takes?

Euh Thunder Dan wasn't even good enough to play for our U-20 team, so I doubt he is the future in goal for us.

What about GK: Tom Lindley

Def: Haineault

Mid: Hutchinson

Fw: Hume

I wouldn't be surprised to see Matonda land a job in Europe after this tournament. He may develop nicely. Another sometimes neglected member of this team, Josh Simpson, I think could do well if he went to Europe. (I say this only based on seeing him on TV, but he looked to have all the tools.)

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Euh Thunder Dan wasn't even good enough to play for our U-20 team, so I doubt he is the future in goal for us.

What about GK: Tom Lindley

Def: Haineault

Mid: Hutchinson

Fw: Hume

loyola, you know that big keepers tend to take a longer to fully develop. I wouldn't write him off just yet. It might well be Lindley or even Karim for that matter. Or perhaps none of them will make the step up and it will be some 14 year old somewhere who will replace Lars in 8 - 10 years.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

loyola, you know that big keepers tend to take a longer to fully develop. I wouldn't write him off just yet. It might well be Lindley or even Karim for that matter. Or perhaps none of them will make the step up and it will be some 14 year old somewhere who will replace Lars in 8 - 10 years.

Gordon, I know that, but I think that we've got overexcited with Celta Vigo and Thunder Dan. Now it seems like Lindley is our best prospect at the keeper position. But I didn't wrote him off, I hope he can find a spot somewhere, but now Wagenaar an NCAA gk is cnsidered better by our coaches.

De Guzman. Next summer we'll see. I've already got Radz. and Diesel level in importance to this National team.

Not surprised with all the high hopes everyone (myself included) has for Ian's future, and I think during qualifying he's going to be a frightening eyefull along with Radz. for the CONCACAF enemys. I just don't think we're going to see his best for a few years whereas I expect De Guzman's going to break it open if he gets a chance and we're all just going to go WOW!

Lars' gotten his hoof in the door. If he could just get playing this winter maybe we'd get a look see if all that training grounds time has been worthwhile. Boy oh boy, look out if it has. We could sure use it.

well doesn't our mouth's salivate with the thought of radz, de ro, hume, julian and jon de guzman (yes, he's young!), and stalteri in attack? that's gotta be frightening for any of our confederation rivals. add to that birch, and nsaliwa. sounds like godfrey, uccello, and a number of others should come through. promising. cam wilson, dylan hughes, ledgerwood. hmmmm. by 2006 we could see some major selection problems.

don't you just love how we all get carried away after a win!?!?!?!

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

Pretty soon we could field a young star letdown team. Forget a North American based squad!

GK: Thunder Dan

M: Terry Dunfield

F: Wyn Belotte

F: Niki Budalic :(

You can only be a letdown if the expectations were high in the first place. Except for Budalich, We have seldom seen any of these 4 players play consistantly. Plus in Budalich's case it was the A-league. The names you mentioned really never filtered out of the realm of these forums and into the mainstream. If these forums would have existed 20 years ago, I am sure that there would be others on that list that right now that none of us have erer even hear of. There is always going to be a little hype in forums like these, so its inevitable that over time that list will get longer

Having seen Radz play quite often as a teenager, I will point out that he didn't appear to be a natural scorer back then. I think Hume is probably playing at a higher level at his age than Radz was at 19.

I guess I am only saying it is too early to know.

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

In my opinion, Hume will never be as good a pure goal scorer as Radz.

Secondly, Radz is a great international. He has arguably been Canada's most consistent player.

Archived