Match Thread: August 19, 2023 - Forge v HFX Wanderers

narduch

It's a perfect day for football in The Hammer, with the standings so tight obviously every game is crucial, I wouldn't have thought earlier in the season that this is potentially a match to determine home field in the 4 vs 5 play-in match 😬, long ways to go though! Forge have been overall average at best at home and if the defence makes calamitous errors like last Saturday vs York I can see the Wanderers leapfrogging Forge into 4th place!

23 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Thanks just turned it on and seen Morelli not in the lineup started to panic about injury. Im almost starting to wonder if the league is even going to enforce the U21 rule??

Are there actually any specified consequences for missing the U-21 quota for the season?

1 hour ago, Stoppage Time said:

Are there actually any specified consequences for missing the U-21 quota for the season?

https://canpl.ca/u-21-minutes-played/

The minimum minute playing requirement for U-21 Domestic Players is a critical tenet of the League. As such, any team that fails to meet the 2,000-minute requirement over the course of the 2023 CPL Regular Season will be ineligible to participate in the 2023 CPL Playoffs. Any such team would also likely be assessed significant financial and other possible penalties.

12 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Question... Badibanga hit a beautiful strike.... however could Fillion reacted a bit better? Almost seems like if he stood up with his hands up he could have stopped it? I may be 100% wrong just wondering though?

I think you’re right, he’s at least gotta be ready to dive there.  Better off laying out and missing it or have the ball go two feet over than doing nothing while it goes in.

2 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Question... Badibanga hit a beautiful strike.... however could Fillion reacted a bit better? Almost seems like if he stood up with his hands up he could have stopped it? I may be 100% wrong just wondering though?

I'm almost at the center line and was in a good line to see it. It was kind of like a curve ball from what I saw. Fillion was in great position if it had stayed straight but by the time it curved it was too late. That's why it looked like he didnt react. It was pretty much perfect. Fun game. Enough fouls to make it seem a bit dirty. Wanders seemed to just plant themselves without trying for the ball and accepting the foul. Havent watched alot of Halifax games to know if this is a common thing. Good amount of Halifax supporters as usual. 

15 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Sorry, not going to get any GK sympathy this weekend from Valour (or Pacific) fans.