Match Thread: May 13, 2023 - Forge v Valour

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Really fun half. While I have ragged on Valour ownership and ambition, full props to Dos Santos. Valour are almost always better than I expect. Today they have been really well organized, drilled and a great high press. Probably the better side but  very even and enjoyable first half.

I think he's one of the best managers in the league, given he has to start each season with one of the least talented squads. 

Just now, Markoaleks said:

Two time brain farts by Valour - end of first half and end of game

Unintended symmetry I suppose -but not good 

The first half they should have been allowed to play their corner routine after the foul and Forge standing over the ball for 30 seconds. The second half was silliness but the game was over by then.

7 minutes ago, Wippersuna said:

I think we are underselling De Brienne. 

I would take Poku, who rides the bench for Forge at LB, over De Brienne. 

If you look at goal #1 today, De Brienne isn't marking Borges (who has the ball) goal side ON HIS OWN ENDLINE. Borges then turns in towards the Valour net on the end line and passes to his teammate which is the beginning of the sequence for Forge goal #1.

There seem to be some fans who think very highly of De Brienne. I am not one of them. He's a defensive liability. Whatever people want to say is his natural position, he's playing LB for Valour.

Edited by Soccerpro2