Match Thread: May 13, 2023 - Forge v Valour

4 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

I would take Poku, who rides the bench for Forge at LB, over De Brienne. 

If you look at goal #1 today, De Brienne isn't marking Borges (who has the ball) goal side ON HIS OWN ENDLINE. Borges then turns in towards the Valour net on the end line and passes to his teammate which is the beginning of the sequence for Forge goal #1.

There seem to be some fans who think very highly of De Brienne. I am not one of them. He's a defensive liability. Whatever people want to say is his natural position, he's playing LB for Valour.

PDS decided to sign Jordan Haynes as our other LB option this offseason. The same Jordan Haynes who was probably the worst player in the CPL last year. Was he a last minute replacement signing? No, he was one of the first two off season signings for Valour this season. I'd love for PDS to explain that one.

Glad to see that Siaj isn't doing anything to dispel my concerns over his poor goal scoring record.

Edited by Soccerpro2

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

Why would you be glad about that?

I could have used different language. My point stands, though. Siaj likely ain't going to cut it. Anyone who makes Walter Ponce look good in comparison is in Frank Jonke territory.

Edited by Soccerpro2

1 minute ago, Soccerpro2 said:

I could have used different language. My point stands, though. Siaj likely ain't going to cut it. Anyone who makes Walter Ponce look good in comparison is in Frank Jonke territory.

He's played 60 minutes and missed one chance. I'm willing to give him a bit more rope.

3 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

PDS decided to sign Jordan Haynes as our other LB option this offseason. The same Jordan Haynes who was probably the worst player in the CPL last year. Was he a last minute replacement signing? No, he was one of the first two off season signings for Valour this season. I'd love for PDS to explain that one.

Glad to see that Siaj isn't doing anything to dispel my concerns over his poor goal scoring record.

I haven’t watched Haynes this season, but that’s quite harsh imo. Even though I was probably quite critical while he was with Pacific 

4 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

What is going on with PDS and his choices for a left back ? Haynes this season , Esparza last year. 

4 minutes ago, charlesmazz said:

What is going on with PDS and his choices for a left back ? Haynes this season , Esparza last year. 

Not many left backs willing to play for $18k a year? In a league like CPL with a cheap owner, you can't be shelling out good money for guys who will be backups.

Edited by jonovision

The ref really chose to keep his whistle in his pocket today. At least it was consistent, but I think Valour might've been more hard done by it than us today.

First watch of Valour this season. Pacifique was an interesting player, but didn't have the ball too much today. Williams was dangerous in the first half but tailed off. I was most impressed with Sanchez on the ball, a skilled little midfielder.  I felt bad for Samake in the backline, feel like he needs some help. Yesli looked good in moments, aside from the result and 3 goals allowed.

14 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

The ref really chose to keep his whistle in his pocket today. At least it was consistent, but I think Valour might've been more hard done by it than us today.

First watch of Valour this season. Pacifique was an interesting player, but didn't have the ball too much today. Williams was dangerous in the first half but tailed off. I was most impressed with Sanchez on the ball, a skilled little midfielder.  I felt bad for Samake in the backline, feel like he needs some help. Yesli looked good in moments, aside from the result and 3 goals allowed.

Sanchez is the surprise of the season so far. He's been really steady.