Match Thread: June 29, 2022 - Forge v Valour

7 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Valour are a different team with AJB. Not enough depth, especially if Akio and/or Dyer set sail.

Consistent lack of subs until very late in games shows the lack of depth. (and/or coaches lack of confidence in the bench)

Back in the playoff hunt!

Edited by K Edgar

Some thoughts.

Full marks to Valour for the win.  Played to win and came away with the 3 so good on them.

Ponce is an idiot.

AJB another strong night.  Man is getting back to being his old self.

Forge a bit off tonight no?  Or tired?  Came to life too late in the match and by then no great threat to the proceedings.

I was staying away from this one.  Felt good but feelings don't pay bills.  Wee Elf nailed it though!  Pays sometimes to listen to the Mrs.  (I never wrote that.).

7 minutes ago, Big_M said:

so offensively they should be fine

It was not Forge's best attacking game tonight but Valour's defence looked good to me. Admittedly I have not have not watched a lot of Valour games. If they get better offensively they would be in great shape. Except for depth. As much as I like seeing my team win, I really hope every team can get the depth Calvery and Forge have sooner than later. 

Just got home, Valour full marks for the win they were so solid defensively and Forge did look like they hadn't played for a while It wasn't the most exciting match I have ever witnessed but it was great to get back to THF and a good friend of mine won the Bekker 100 shirt at half time! 👍

Edited by gator

1 hour ago, gator said:

Just got home, Valour full marks for the win they were so solid defensively and Forge did look like they hadn't played for a while It wasn't the most exciting match I have ever witnessed but it was great to get back to THF and a good friend of mine won the Bekker 100 shirt at half time! 👍

Was impressed by the 5/5 answers, not gonna lie. Last two were tricky

Sirois made all of the saves he had to tonight. Was solid.

Belewu might have been the best player on Forge tonight. Especially tracking back to pick up Akio streaking in on a breakaway. He's strong as hell as a 19 year old, and looks a lot more crisp on the ball than the likes of Rama/Metusala.

Forge's midfield was a bit underwhelming tonight. Made for a pretty exciting game nonetheless.