Intercontinental Playoffs

15 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Is there any chance that both of these teams can be eliminated? Please?

79 minutes in and no decent scoring chances

So bad. Panama is better than both. The TSN panel is trying to talk Australia up, but ugh.  

He is lucky that Peru’s shot hit the inside of the post and stayed out instead of in since he didn’t actually make a save in the first five kicks and didn’t really come close to doing so.

That said, Peru didn’t deserve to advance the way they played and also from losing more games than they win just to get to this stage. Though I wonder if Australia playing a meaningful game in Qatar about five days before this match helped to give them an edge. 

Edited by Gian-Luca

I dont believe all those fans are actually Costa Ricans.  I think that they are Qatar citizens dressed as costa rican supporters as props for the broadcast to the world audience.  

We have seen this before with U20 WC's that were played in the Gulf.

PS.: CRC has a population of just over 5 Million people.  And probably more than that living in the US.

Edited by Free kick

4 minutes ago, Addona said:

CR seems to flop with the best of CONCACAF… it’s kind of sad, and makes me want to root for NZ

Yes.  But i wouldn't call it flopping.  Its play acting crap to fake a foul.  CRC are becoming the standard bearers for this kind of stuff even in Concacaf

Edited by Free kick