Deanne Rose

SthMelbRed

So, I looked and looked through the CWNT sub-forum and couldn't find a thread for Deanne Rose. Searching through 10 pages of threads, I came to the realisation that you just have to fart in the vicinity of an organised, 11-a-side in order to get your own player thread in the CMNT sub-forum, but very few players who have actually won an Olympic gold medal for us have their own thread in the CWNT section.

Anyway.....here's a link to an article that's just popped up on the Athletic in the last hour, or so.

https://theathletic.com/3011694/2021/12/12/deanne-rose-quickly-becoming-one-of-the-wsls-biggest-stars/

I haven't read it, yet, but I'm about to.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, red card said:

Rose remains in the WSL with a 2 year deal. Leicester finished 10th last season.

10th in a 12-team league. Is there relegation?

That is too thin a ground for a "Super League", frankly. Same with the one in the States. I mean, is there such a poor committment from pro clubs in England that they can't create a league with 16 or 18 competitive teams?

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

10th in a 12-team league. Is there relegation?

That is too thin a ground for a "Super League", frankly. Same with the one in the States. I mean, is there such a poor committment from pro clubs in England that they can't create a league with 16 or 18 competitive teams?

Reading got relegated and decided to go part-time as a Championship club to be more financial sustainable. The drop means less tv revenue and FA money.

So, 13 players including Rose were released. 

Owner had personally put in 6 million pounds into the women's team since 2018. But the club always struggled to compete financially during it's 8 years in the WSL. At the end of June, the club was served for unpaid tax bills. The EFL also charged the men's team for not paying the players on time on 3 occasions in the past season.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...