Jump to content

Match Thread: October 23, 2021 - HFX Wanderers v Forge


narduch
 Share

Recommended Posts

Bobby did change the lineup a fair bit, the tweet I posted erroneously had Henry starting in goal, Grant subbed off early, I just think Bekker, Jonnson and Krutzen could use a rest! Forge have lots of options at forward but not so much in the backline!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

(Bit of a rant) Ok so one goal in 4 games and that one goal was an own goal. Totally 100% unacceptable. Morelli is literally the only Wanderer capable of scoring a goal. Halifax is the only place in the league where fans in any number actually turn up to the game - yet we have one player who can score? Totally unacceptable.

I like the way Salter plays but he struggles to finish anything.  Perhaps we should just start Bent.  Any idea when Morelli might be back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I like the way Salter plays but he struggles to finish anything.  Perhaps we should just start Bent.  Any idea when Morelli might be back?

Bent is out with injury im assuming  - from what I hear Morelli is likely gone for the season. There was a lot of chatter about Camera - he had about 1000 goals in League one in 8 games - however he is a non factor, barely makes any impact. Not even sure where to go from here. Just painful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last rant - at 91:30 Dominic Samuel went down was rolling around crying and the trainer came out. Killed a minute off the clock. When he got to the sidelines he looked up at the kitchen and started laughing and jogging on the spot. I get its 'part of the game' but hat kind of man does that? If you have one soccer u can see we are livid and chanting wanker at 93   lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Last rant - at 91:30 Dominic Samuel went down was rolling around crying and the trainer came out. Killed a minute off the clock. When he got to the sidelines he looked up at the kitchen and started laughing and jogging on the spot. I get its 'part of the game' but hat kind of man does that? If you have one soccer u can see we are livid and chanting wanker at 93   lol

I heard you guys giving it to Dom, I have had a couple good chats with him and he seems like a real solid guy, what you see on the pitch does not always reflect a player's personality! When we did a Red Card showing for the Battalion in the first leg of the 2019 final Samuel joined the supporters in holding up red cards in the Battalion section, he was suspended for that match by a card happy ref btw!😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Last rant - at 91:30 Dominic Samuel went down was rolling around crying and the trainer came out. Killed a minute off the clock. When he got to the sidelines he looked up at the kitchen and started laughing and jogging on the spot. I get its 'part of the game' but hat kind of man does that? If you have one soccer u can see we are livid and chanting wanker at 93   lol

You are suggesting that a team vying for the top spot in the league was wasting time in m. 93 to hold on to a draw that kept them in 3rd place?

In any case, I appreciate your concerns about a team not scoring, but scoring it not only about strikers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You are suggesting that a team vying for the top spot in the league was wasting time in m. 93 to hold on to a draw that kept them in 3rd place?

In any case, I appreciate your concerns about a team not scoring, but scoring it not only about strikers. 

Was a bit (alot) drunk and steaming when I wrote that. Samuel looked like he was having some fun playing up to the crowd. Now that cooler heads are prevailing cant really blame him - helps create a bit of extra atmosphere and we were buying right into it  lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Was a bit (alot) drunk and steaming when I wrote that. Samuel looked like he was having some fun playing up to the crowd. Now that cooler heads are prevailing cant really blame him - helps create a bit of extra atmosphere and we were buying right into it  lol

From what I know of the guy he would have actually embraced the home support giving it to him! OneSoccer is often critisized for not having the mix right with the play calling and the fan noise, the fans came through loud and clear yesterday, there was some spicy comments being thrown at the ref and Forge players, it was great! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...