Match Thread: October 3, 2021 - Atletico Ottawa v Forge

narduch

Does Mista get another season? Despite so many people, especially the onesoccer crowd fawning over the squad, I don't think he has been given a great squad to challenge. 

It has always been a squad filled with cast offs but I'm not convinced Mista has what it takes and even though this is far from a priority I can't see Atletico keeping faith in him. They will want the team to be top 4 every year.

I was fortunate to call this game today for TSN1200 radio in Ottawa. 

First time watching Forge live ‘in person’ and was so impressed with their performance. 

From back to front they are such a well-organized and coached team that work so hard for each other.  Quality players throughout that lineup.  

Good luck to them on all three fronts remaining this season. 

GWS

Edited by gwsmith63

On 10/3/2021 at 11:49 PM, toontownman said:

Does Mista get another season? Despite so many people, especially the onesoccer crowd fawning over the squad, I don't think he has been given a great squad to challenge...

It's year two in charge with long preseasons in Spain both times so has he not had some input on building the roster by now? My understanding is that Mista is doing both the coach and GM roles. He brought Dylon Powley in from Edmonton as starting goalie and apparently it's because modern goalkeepers need to be as comfortable with the ball at their feet as a defender or midfielder.

Fair enough in principle as far as it goes but check out how badly he messes up his angles on goal one in the clip above and his inability to take command of his six yard box and punch the ball clear on goal two. Any advantage gained in possession terms is quickly negated if your goalie is leaking goals like sieve due to glaringly obvious flaws in his technique on the basic bread and butter of goalkeeping.

Beyond that if I was making that decision I would be making discrete inquiries behind the scenes concerning whether Antoine Coupland is being developed the way he should be if he is projected to be the player they could sell on down the road for a large transfer fee.