Match Thread: September 19, 2021 - Pacific v Atletico Ottawa

ted

Pacific should be heavily favoured for this one and can probably afford to rotate a lot of the line-up to keep players fresh for the upcoming cup game. They won't have a home game again after this so I'm hoping it's a decent turnout.

Ottawa is missing three players to suspension. Will be good to see Verhoven back on the island, he was a fan favourite in year one. 

12 hours ago, davey_twelve said:

They won't have a home game again after this so I'm hoping it's a decent turnout.

I’m sure we have a few more home games, but I think it is more than a month long break. Scheduling has been horrible for us again this season. 

14 hours ago, davey_twelve said:

Pacific should be heavily favoured for this one and can probably afford to rotate a lot of the line-up to keep players fresh for the upcoming cup game. They won't have a home game again after this so I'm hoping it's a decent turnout.

Ottawa is missing three players to suspension. Will be good to see Verhoven back on the island, he was a fan favourite in year one. 

We may be favoured but our bench has been a little sparse lately. Do we have anyone to rotate?

We don't have another home game for four weeks but we have four more home games including this one. The schedule got changed recently due to VCup and our remaining home games are:

Sept 19 - Ottawa
Oct 16 - Winnipeg
Oct 26 - Edmonton
Oct 30 - York

Looking forward to Booing Verhoven. ;)

6 hours ago, ted said:

We may be favoured but our bench has been a little sparse lately. Do we have anyone to rotate?

I think the bench is usually light for away games. As far as I know the only injured players are Bustos and Baldisimo but there isn't much in the way of injury updates so I could be completely wrong here.

I could see something like this working:

Blasco-dos Santos-Campbell

Aparicio-Hojabrpour-Bassett

Haynes-Samake-TMG-Chung

------------Irving------------

A few starters get a rest, Aparicio and Samake missed the last game so they should be okay for Calgary.

Edited by davey_twelve

1 hour ago, davey_twelve said:

At least a few players got a chance to rest. Today's starters should have been able to do better against Ottawa.

That was a heavily rotated squad. Our captain and star player weren’t even dressed and all 5 outfield subs were preferred starters. And over the run or play we deserved the result. How big do you think the gap is?