Match Thread: July 1, 2021 - York United v Pacific

2 minutes ago, shorty said:

Did TMG get a knock last game? Surprised to see Samake. Maybe just managing minutes. 

He is on the on the bench. Based on yesterday's games too seems to be some squad rotation by each team. It will be a bit of a grind.

6 minutes ago, Ingham said:

This camera is too far away from the action.

My conspiracy theory is that this is deliberate to keep the virtual ads on the screen.

Was the camera angle this bad in 2019? I can't remember 

Zator has been a proper import for this team. Arguably an upgrade on Gasparotto. If that wasn't evident before, it will be this year.

That's about where the good ends for us though. Utter disaster so far from York.

Not the most exciting half. Kah may have made a few too many changes. Chung on the left is not working so far. Samake is such a noticeable drop from TMG. Would not be surprised to see Haynes in for Dada-Luke and Chung back on the right. 

2 minutes ago, Ingham said:

"Unlucky to be 1 goal down"

Surely a joke 🤣

It is a team's social media account, what do you really expect? That being said, if the score was 1-0 Pacific, 0-0, or what it currently is, I don't think anyone would blink an eye. Really not much happened at all, so that is far from the most bias post I have seen😂 (that account has a few more totally unbias posts this game;)

Just now, ktf said:

It is a team's social media account, what do you really expect? That being said, if the score was 1-0 Pacific, 0-0, or what it currently is, I don't think anyone would blink an eye. Really not much happened at all, so that is far from the most bias post I have seen😂 (that account has a few more totally unbias posts this game;)

I agree that nobody would have blinked an eye. I actually think we've not looked coherent either, but we took our chance so what can we do?

9 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Seems both teams are more interested in hurting each other.

Was certainly getting fun there for a bit.  It's hot but not that hot today.  That being said it can be quite sheltered on the playing field so can feel heavy.

Whatever, go get 'em tiger!

6 minutes ago, Ingham said:

I agree that nobody would have blinked an eye. I actually think we've not looked coherent either, but we took our chance so what can we do?

Nothing at all. Hopefully second half is a sharper one.

York's defence was a rock in the first half. We opened up and let Pacific in. I didn't think they were bad in the first half, just unable to break us down and ineffective in the final third.

Pacific haven't come out in the second half any better than they did in the first. We're just letting them play. That was a mistake.