Match Thread: August 7, 2019 - Montreal Impact v Cavalry FC - Semi-Finals, 1st Leg

2 hours ago, Ed_S said:

A 1-0 win at home and it's 'bring on the Americans working in Toronto' time.

I'm not sure if that's a pointed comment or not, looking at Montreal's roster ... Toronto played 5 Canadians last night, compared to 3 for Montreal.

49 minutes ago, nfitz said:

I'm not sure if that's a pointed comment or not, looking at Montreal's roster ... Toronto played 5 Canadians last night, compared to 3 for Montreal.

On this board, it’s cool for teams to be filled with foreigners but only if those foreigners aren’t American.

57 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Well if we are splitting hairs, both started 3, TFC pulled 1 CDN for another, and subbed osorio for an extra 30min or so eh?  Montral had 3, pulled one for the last 20min.  Not a big difference, and like someone posted before, not enough for either team.  Follow that suggestion and make it 5 starters for next year, make it more of a level playing field and more "canadian".  

13 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Follow that suggestion and make it 5 starters for next year, make it more of a level playing field and more "canadian".  

I'm not sure how making two unequal teams "equal" makes it more Canadian ... though perhaps it does ... :)

Perhaps the best way to make it equal, is to restrict the competition to teams in the top league only, and go back to the original 3-team format. :)