Match Thread: August 7, 2019 - Montreal Impact v Cavalry FC - Semi-Finals, 1st Leg

10 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Those Pasquotti long throws aren't legal, but I guess you have to call it first.

Krolicki is terrible.

What makes them illegal?  I’ve had the same thought because they’re just so good but I don’t think there’s an infraction.

• stand facing the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
  • throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play”

seems to all check out.  He’s just a freak.

2 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Meh.  50-50 whether that's a card or not.  Was overly aggressive, get the ball or not.  The chop through the ball that is.   

Oh, Ledgerwood's was absolutely a card. But I don't think the yellows to Krolicki or Okwonkwo were even fouls.

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

What makes them illegal?  I’ve had the same thought because they’re just so good but I don’t think there’s an infraction.

• stand facing the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
  • throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play”

seems to all check out.  He’s just a freak.

Pretty sure his feet are coming off the ground on some of those throws.

17 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Oh, Ledgerwood's was absolutely a card. But I don't think the yellows to Krolicki or Okwonkwo were even fouls.

Me?  I think Krolicki was lucky to escape a second yellow.  But that's Petrescu, has to be part NHL ref in that he trys to be part of the game, in what is called and what isn't.

4 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Me?  I think Krolicki was lucky to escape a second yellow.  But that's Petrescu, has to be part NHL ref in that he trys to be part of the game, in what is called and what isn't.

Krolicki should have had a yellow on the clash of heads but the yellow he did get was an Escalante con job.

3-4-3 was a mistake in my opinion

Montreal aren't Vancouver and hoping to match their midfield while being short a man in the back got them burned.

However, they will most likely replicate the 4-4-2 like they did in Vancouver against Montreal...just worried that Garde will see through that.

Wheeldon sounded overconfident like they'd taken care of business in Game 2. I want to believe it but Ledgerwood out, Carmago being a possible question mark... can their depth match Montreal who will play the new Borjan guy?

Malonga should start ahead of Brown should be used as the super sub if needed.

They got to bombarded Pantemis who seemed rusty at time.

This was very "un-Cavalry" like performance... If they can go back to how they use to be and shake off the "Montreal-awe" at home, there's a chance...too much respect towards Montreal...

Thought Malonga did more than his part after coming on.  

I don't know.  Valour-like cheap with the ball there too often, and not just on the 1st goal  All of the field too many times.  Can't do that again and hope for the result they'll need at Spruce Meadows.  

I don't know if Cavalry can do it but Impact look like they can get trouble at the back on a fast press, especially with Sagna going on his raids.  Guess we'll see.