What is our CB depth

baulderdash77

I

23 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Updating my depth chart. Lots of potential movers but I chose to go with  likelihood of call ups/playing time.... Obviously a guy like LDF and JKL have some leeway as prospects.
RCB 
1. Vitoria
2. LDF
3. Bombito
4. JKL?
5. ZMG
6. Zator
7. LM
8. Waterman
9. Stefanovic 
10.Nimick

LCB
1. Miller
2. Cornelius
3. Kennedy
4. Heibert

I have really liked what I have seen club-wise from Cornelius, though I will be honest he still looks nervous/slightly out of sorts for Canada.  Needs games?

36 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I

I have really liked what I have seen club-wise from Cornelius, though I will be honest he still looks nervous/slightly out of sorts for Canada.  Needs games?

This is what I see too.

I haven't watched him at Malmo, so other that have may correct me, but I imagine the level is just lower so I bet he looks more for club. Or, it may be that he has the full backing of the Malmo coaching staff.

I said this before in another thread, but Miller plays like a guy who is fully backed by the coaching staff. Cornelius plays like the opposite. Good feet and good technique for a CB, but never quite looks assured. Maybe that is mostly a function of being the back up guy for Canada?

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

This is what I see too.

I haven't watched him at Malmo, so other that have may correct me, but I imagine the level is just lower so I bet he looks more for club. Or, it may be that he has the full backing of the Malmo coaching staff.

I said this before in another thread, but Miller plays like a guy who is fully backed by the coaching staff. Cornelius plays like the opposite. Good feet and good technique for a CB, but never quite looks assured. Maybe that is mostly a function of being the back up guy for Canada?

He's been helped by having some veteran, well-travelled centre backs around him I think. 

One thing I always see in CBs is it is nice to get a consistent pairing (or in Malmo's case at least 2 of their 3) and stick with them for a bunch of games. Harder to do in a national team, to be fair, but he deserves a good run in the side, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I

It's really tough to see cornelius displacing miller. Millers been consistent and his biggest shortcoming is aerially and/or counter attacks. Both of these he can typically manage.... I dont think he was exposed for either against jamaica. Cornelius has a better profile but youre right that he looks much more nervy.