• Created
  • Last Reply

Fury lineup for the first half:

Dos Santos

Seone                     Williams

Mkungilwa     Bruna      Rozeboom     Edward

Obasi        Del Campo       McEleney

Paulmin

Ottawa has been doing really well so far, St. Louis is having a rough time dealing with our pressure

1-0 Fury at the end of the second 30-minute period, goal from Sito Seone who cleaned up a great opportunity from Gerardo Bruna. Fury dominated the last 10 minutes after the goal, tons of opportunities, but no additional goals. Lineup was:

Hume

Seone              Haworth

Mkungilwa     Bruna       Barden      Dixon

Manesio    Del Campo   Edward

Paulmin

Ends 2-1 Ottawa, St. Lou tied it up but an incredible strike from Ryan Williams wins it for the Fury. Final lineup was:

Hume                  Dos Santos

Mkungilwa   Barden   Rozeboom   Williams   Dixon

Manesio    Del Campo   McEleney

MacRae

Lineup for the first 30 against OKC Energy:

Edward came off with what looks like a groin injury in the 9th minute, replaced by Barden.

Cambell makes his first appearance in preseason; Ottawa with most of the possession and opportunities so far.

2nd XI:

Dos Santos

Seone             Haworth

Campbell  Bruna   Dixon   Barden

Obasi    McEleney   Manesio

Irving

Bruna just scored the opener, 1-0 Ottawa.

3rd XI:

Hume

Bruna              Barden

Mkungilwa  Manesio  Obasi  Dixon

Campbell   Del Campo  McEleney

Paulmin

The score is 1-1 after OKC equalized shortly after Bruna's goal in the last 30

Fury won 2-1 with Bruna scoring the winner from the penalty spot after he was brought down. Ottawa lost both Edwards and Dos Santos through injuries and Rosenboom was red carded.

Hume and Dos Santos on forward and Del Campo and MCeleney are big lumbering players good in the air, but not very quickand also not good with their feet, Best players are the returnees from last year.

For anyone who was curious, here's where some of our former boys have ended up in the last month or so:

Giuseppe Gentile signed for Puerto Rico FC

Rafa Alves has returned to Brazil and signed for Serie C side Juventude

Thomas Stewart signed for Irish champions Dundalk

Mauro signed with the Eddies

Mallan Roberts joined Marcel DeBellis at Richmond Kickers

James Bailey signed for Carlisle United in League Two

Maxim Tissot just signed for DC United today

Rich Balchan, Danny Mwanga, Kyle Porter, Mozzi Gyorio and Bryan Olivera are all still without a club as far as I'm aware

Fury played their 3rd and final game in Florida yesterday which ended in a 1-1 draw with FC Cinncinati, Haworth scoring the tieing goal, game was played in 84f  hot sunny weather, due to injuries Fury did not have many subs so they put up a sterling effort but they spend too much time passing the ball backwards to defensive players who are not very good with their feet, and as soon as they are pressured they make mistakes, one of which led to Cincy's goal. Both Fury's goalies made terrific saves.

On 2/25/2017 at 6:35 AM, Dub Narcotic said:

Is there going to be a Ottawa Fury podcast this year? It seems like Ours is the Fury has gone silent.

We'll probably record something at some point, but personally I feel like I know very little about the team so far. I have yet to see them play live (not on stream) and I know almost nothing about the league, let alone our new players.

21 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

We'll probably record something at some point, but personally I feel like I know very little about the team so far. I have yet to see them play live (not on stream) and I know almost nothing about the league, let alone our new players.

If you will wait till next year you will know the league better and the players, which will be helpful when talking about the 5th rebuild in a row.

4 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Looks like 3 Canadians in the starting line-up for the first preseason game.

*fifth preseason game

2-1 loss, shame we couldn't watch but it sounds like it wasn't a great performance compared to the games down in Florida. Goal was by Dos Santos on a penalty.

18 hours ago, Protega said:

Anyone know who the "training player" that came on in the 84th minute is and why the hell they're being so secretive about it?

Mozzi Gyorio probably, he's without a club and a friend of Dalglish's.

Archived