Ottawa Fury 2017 Season in USL

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2016 at 10:34 AM, mianjo said:

I think it was mentioned somewhere that De Guzman would be involved with the Fury maybe replacing Martin Nash, as either assistant manager or assistant coach or both.

That's the rumour, but nothing has been verified as of yet. I'd expect them to roll out the announcement next week or sometime early in the new year.

Ottawa hosted a Facebook AMA with Paul Dalglish this morning, the takeaways included:

-There is a new signing whose paperwork is expected to be completed around Christmas, PD says they're planning to sign one or two more players beyond that for a total of 16-17 players, with room left for a handful of loan-ins from Montreal (planning for a smaller roster than last year)

-re-confirmed that Ottawa's affiliation agreement with Montreal is no-strings-attached, the club has full control over the signing of and playtime for Impact loan players, and can bring in players on loan from other clubs as well if they so please; also any players who are brought in from Montreal on season-long loans will not be recallable

-Maxim Tissot is apparently exploring options in MLS at the moment, didn't say what his plan B is

-Julian is still undecided about his future (hence the lack of announcement regarding him); presumably he would be looking at either continuing to play with Ottawa, an assistant manager role with Ottawa or some alternative opportunity

-semi-related to the above, PD is in fact looking to sign a new second assistant manager to replace Martin Nash

• 2 weeks later...

The Ottawa Fury FC trio of goalkeeper Callum Irving, defender Jamar Dixon and forward Carl Haworth have been named to a 28-player Canadian National Team roster ahead of the country’s international exhibition against the Bahamas on January 22.

Looks like the Fury have signed another, their twitter feed says SigningAlert: Fury FC has just signed midfielder, Jonathan Barden for the 2017 season
Unfortunately their link does'nt work

Jonathan Barden is English and listed as a fullback/midfielder, the last 2 years he has been playing for Vestmannaeyjar in Iceland

4 hours ago, mianjo said:

Looks like the Fury have signed another, their twitter feed says SigningAlert: Fury FC has just signed midfielder, Jonathan Barden for the 2017 season
Unfortunately their link does'nt work

Jonathan Barden is English and listed as a fullback/midfielder, the last 2 years he has been playing for Vestmannaeyjar in Iceland

Former Fury player as well, from the PDL days

I doubt that the Fury are going all the way to Florida to play one exhibition game, either they are having their training camp down there or maybe playing more than 1 game down there or maybe both.

Anyway i will be in Florida in Feb, the game is being played at IMG Academy which is in Bradenton, which is about a hour from where i'm staying so they will have 1 fan there watching.

Just checking  FC Cincinnati 's web site i notice this FC  Cincinnati, coming off an impressive inaugural campaign, has set six dates in 2017 as part of the preseason schedule and will take on Major League Soccer side Chicago Fire, a match-up that will be sandwiched by fixtures against the United Soccer League’ OKC Energy  and Ottawa Fury in Florida. So maybe Fury will play these 2 teams as well, i checked their sites and nothing is listed on there re pre-season

Pre-season schedule

February 17 – vs Ottawa Internationals – University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON)

February 21 – vs St. Louis FC – IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

February 23 – vs OKC Energy – IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

February 25 – vs FC Cincinnati – IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

March 3 – vs Toronto FC II – KIA Field (Toronto, ON)

March 10 – vs Rochester Rhinos – University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON)

March 17 – vs Ontario League 1 All-Stars – University of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON)

Training camp at  RA Centre and a week long camp at IMG Academy in Bradenton Florida

http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news_article/show/747916?referrer_id=2824815

Archived